Goosebumps: Escape From Horrorland on ScummVM?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

videogamefan

Goosebumps: Escape From Horrorland on ScummVM?

Post by videogamefan »

Hi, Can Anyone @ ScummVM Make “Goosebumps: Escape From Horrorland” Playable On ScummVM?

Information Of The Game:
Game Title: Goosebumps - Escape From Horrorland
Year: 1996
Game Publisher: DreamWorks Interactive

Thanks,
videogamefan
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Goosebumps: Escape From Horrorland on ScummVM?

Post by sev »

After looking at your practically identical posts, I am thinking that it is either spam or trolling. You ignore all the explanations and keep these posted. Why?

Eugene
videogamefan

Post by videogamefan »

Last edited by videogamefan on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

@videogamefan: I think the main issue here is that you posts with "Can Anyone @ ScummVM Make <insert a game here> Playable On ScummVM?" can appear like you don't understand how much time and effort us developers need to add support for just one game. It usually takes years and a dedicated developers, and there are not many of us. This is covered in our FAQ.

You are welcome to indicate your interest in some adventure games, and which one you would like to see supported. There is even a dedicated thread for that. But please don't ask us to add support for a game. From our perspective there is quite a big difference between saying that you would love to see game X supported in ScummVM and asking us to support game X. The latter feels a bit like this is something we owe you. And we don't owe it to anybody. This is something we do as a hobby, and we don't get paid for it. So sometimes all those requests are a bit irritating and demoralising. And I believe Eugene reactions stems from this.

Note: Your (ab)use of upper-case letters at the start of every word also doesn't help as it makes the text harder to read and feels a bit like you are shouting or being rude (which I am sure is not the intent). So I would recommend to use correct English capitalisation of words.