Lucasarts adds Escape from Monkey Island to GOG and Steam

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monkeymadness

Lucasarts adds Escape from Monkey Island to GOG and Steam

Post by monkeymadness »

For those that didn't know, both GOG and Steam now carry the 4th Monkey Island, making all four original games available on both sites (I guess it has been on GOG since June :oops: ). I'm glad that ScummVM has been around to help make most DOTT, Grim Fandango, EMI, and other projects available for those that did not have some of these original disks and glad that these games are now more accessible to a wider audience that would like to play them. Sadly it seems like Tales of Monkey Island will be harder to come by as Telltale is no longer!
MusicallyInspired

Re: Lucasarts adds Escape from Monkey Island to GOG and Steam

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Tales is still available on GOG. Seems to be missing from Steam now, though.
monkeymadness

Post by monkeymadness »

I wonder why they pulled it from Steam?
MusicallyInspired

Mmm. It was there not long ago and other Telltale games are still available including Sam & Max and the Bone games. It kind of irks me because Tales is the one Telltale game I care about that I don't have on Steam. I have the collector's edition DVD, but still....gotta complete that Steam library lol. (I got the others through Humble)
monkeymadness

Post by monkeymadness »

Yeah, my experience with Steam has been like this for numerous games. One day they are there and then they are gone. They did this to the King's Quest Collection a while back. It came back eventually, so Tales might be the same. Tough to get games all in one place.
MusicallyInspired

King's Quest was likely removed so as to not be confused with TOG's King's Quest 2015 reboot. There's also the fact that the "season pass" for all 5 chapters was called "King's Quest Collection". They likely brought it back later after the last chapter was released and attention died down. It was still available behind the scenes, though, as it was included along with the reboot in the Sierra Humble Bundle while it had already been "removed" from Steam. They've since renamed the King's Quest 2015 "Collection" to "season pass".