DOTT Remaster and Full Throttle Remaster Ultimate Talkies?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rzil

Re: DOTT Remaster and Full Throttle Remaster Ultimate Talkies?

Post by rzil »

FT reMONSTERed is now released (https://github.com/BLooperZ/remonstered), along with easier to use version for DOTT
It includes Speech from FT remastered as used in DOTT, and the audio of cutscenes down-mixed* to stereo.

*I am not so sure about the ffmpeg configuration I have used, there seem to be some delay between the channels.
TimeGentleman

Post by TimeGentleman »

Hi all, would anyone fancy writing an idiot-proof guide for how to do this? I just can't follow the instructions on the GitHub page, but I'd really like to play the original except with better quality voice recordings!
I own FT Remastered on Steam and GOG, and I also have the original CD-ROM. I have ffmpeg in my downloads folder, and it works via command prompt when I want to quickly trim video files or whatever. But I don't know if I have it installed correctly for this, the link in the instructions is broken, I don't know what "Download and extract the script from respective release" or "extract into script directory" means, I don't know where I'm supposed to get full.data or remonster.exe, I don't know which directory I'm supposed to add, and if it's in addition to or instead of the one I've copied my CD files into, etc etc!

Also, does anyone know if this affects sound effects, and if so whether there are any that were changed for the Remastered version? I seem to remember the DOTT Remaster had to replace a few. It's not a deal breaker, but if it's the case and I have the option to only replace the speech, I'd consider it...
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Yes, DOTT Remastered replaces sound effects with HQ ones that sometimes sound completely different and aren't just high quality versions of the original sounds. (ie- the whoosh sound when picking up items)
TimeGentleman

Post by TimeGentleman »

Thanks, but that hasn't answered any of my questions!
rzil

Post by rzil »

Hi, "remonster.exe" is contained in the release archives, which can be found here: https://github.com/BLooperZ/remonstered/releases.
they are ZIP archives, so you'll need to extract them first, and then copy ffmpeg from your downloads folder to the created directory with the extracted files

full.data or tenta.cle can be found in the installation directory of the game, on both GOG and Steam there is an option for "browse local files" which opens the game's installation directory.

Hope it helps, please feel free to ask again for further help
TimeGentleman

Post by TimeGentleman »

Ah, great, thanks rzil, will give a try and let you know if I get stuck!
MarkAmiga500

Post by MarkAmiga500 »

waw !!!
im excited to see the final release :)
Nagual

Post by Nagual »

Is there any plan to include the music from the remastered =? It sounds great compared to the original!!!

I just installed and the project includes some great voices

It's been a long time, I hope scummvm allows the music to be included as well, it was a disappointment to realize that it was not incorporated!!!

thanks for the work i love it, i love this game !!!!!!
Kasenshlogga

Post by Kasenshlogga »

Nagual wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:02 am Is there any plan to include the music from the remastered =? It sounds great compared to the original!!!
Depending on whether you use a Soundfont or not, it can sound pretty good. :wink:
elvisish

Post by elvisish »

DOTT still works great on 2.7.1 but FT seems to be broken for most speech on any ScummVM higher than 2.5.1 unfortunately.