Curse of Enchantia

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

oduverne

Post by oduverne »

Retrogamer wrote:Did Core only ever make 2 point-and-click adventure games? I know that by 1995 they had pretty much moved on to the 3d realm with Tomb Raider. There was a detective game that Core published called "The Big Red Adventure," but it was developed by Dynabyte. I'm just wondering because maybe one of those had some code in common with Curse or Universe.
Big Red Adventure is being included in Scummvm, it uses the parallaction engine (same as Nippon Safe)
crazyjudge

Post by crazyjudge »

hope this doesn't dissapear would love to play this on ScummVM because it's not particularly good on VDMSound or DosBox.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

At least it would be not bad if all code/research be posted somewhere.

Eugene
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Big red adventure is being included? Nice! Will it be supported in the upcoming release?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Jonatan wrote:Big red adventure is being included? Nice! Will it be supported in the upcoming release?
As usually, it will be included when it will be included, not earlier. There is an active work ongoing performed by peres. In fact, his original goal for parallaction engine was BRA, and Nippon Safes was just a distraction suggested by your truly.

Eugene
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

sev wrote:At least it would be not bad if all code/research be posted somewhere.

Eugene
It's this the code?

http://www2.mta.ac.il/~oravtali/repos/kom/
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

The Madventurer wrote:It's this the code?

http://www2.mta.ac.il/~oravtali/repos/kom/
No, that's for Kingdom O'Magic.

Eugene
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

I feel shamed, sorry a lot. I had one of those stupid moments :P
Del

Post by Del »

Well the only existing code at the moment is my skeleton engine (which when loaded displays the Core logo from the original files, and quits immediately unless you set a debugger breakpoint).

As far as research goes, there's some documented in this thread, and the rest is mostly just named variables in a disassembly. It's not really fit for publishing (and also, isn't there some issue with blackboxing or cleanrooming and ScummVM? Or was that FreeSCI?).
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Del wrote:(and also, isn't there some issue with blackboxing or cleanrooming and ScummVM? Or was that FreeSCI?).
That was FreeSCI.

Eugene
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

Del wrote:Well the only existing code at the moment is my skeleton engine (which when loaded displays the Core logo from the original files, and quits immediately unless you set a debugger breakpoint).
Maybe it's just a personal feeling, but I like looking at the early code of new engines :P It's also the easiest moment to get involved, so you could probably find some helping hands.
Del

Post by Del »

I'll try to get a repository up somewhere if you promise not to laugh at my code :)
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

...another project about to be saved...

:-)
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Del wrote:I'll try to get a repository up somewhere if you promise not to laugh at my code :)
What about jvprat's repository? It uses darcs too, a distributed revision control system.

Ask him, maybe he agrees on hosting your code. He already mirrored other projects on his server, and most of those are unfinished and early development stages too (Groovie, KoM, Tinsel).
Ian Sabine

Post by Ian Sabine »

I'd like to see this repository too. I'm sure I can help you out on some of the more obscure stuff.