Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

goatman82197

Post by goatman82197 »

GOG probably will sell Pegasus Prime if it gets ScummVM support. They did the same with Beneath a Steel Sky.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

goatman82197 wrote:GOG probably will sell Pegasus Prime if it gets ScummVM support. They did the same with Beneath a Steel Sky.
I wasn't aware BASS was being sold on GOG right now.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Bass, TeenAgent and Lure of the temptress are all available as freeware on GOG.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

clone2727 wrote:
goatman82197 wrote:GOG probably will sell Pegasus Prime if it gets ScummVM support. They did the same with Beneath a Steel Sky.
I wasn't aware BASS was being sold on GOG right now.
;)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Ah.
goatman82197

Post by goatman82197 »

I bought Lagacy of Time for the enhanced graphics and after regestering my account I already got some games for free. BASS was installed with a version of scummVM for XP compatibility, though I manually loaded it so I could use midi music rather than adlib. If they sell peg prime, they will most likely use scummVM
Crowley9

Post by Crowley9 »

I just wanted to chime in that I am very excited about the possibility of supporting Pegasus Prime and I hope this shall come to pass. I got a boxed copy from eBay years ago on the off chance that I could play it sometime in the future.
goatman82197

Post by goatman82197 »

Good planning! I'm still waiting for a cheap copy to turn up somewhere
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

bought it on ebay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byhEMUUJ1l0

can't wait to get the software to play it :)
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

If nobody noticed, Pegasus Prime is now in the latest daily build at the bottom of the downloads page. I'm playing it right now!

For windows users, especially if ur using a 64-bit OS, your best bet is to use HFSExplorer, as HFVexplorer wont work unless your on a 32-bit OS. Most other programs that can access the HFS partition on the cd or iso, might not work, as alot of the files get extracted as JMP PP Resources instead of ._JMP PP Resources, which is the correct way, and no file should be 0 bytes. I selected the PP Data folder on all CD's and extracted it all as data and resource fork.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Great news! I need to get a hold of this game.
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

I was wondering if anyone who has played this in scummVM, has encountered a problem with the game freezing if trying to crush the robot in Norad using the pressurizing door.

I was able to complete it by using the other method to kill the robot which is with the claw. Hopefully its just a bug and not something wrong with my CD.
Last edited by monster99f150 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

To extract on Windows, each person has to manually adjust settings for each individual file going back and forth in HFVExplorer? Seriously?

This is exactly the sort of thing that only one human should have to do once. It's what we've got scripting languages for.

I'll see about borrowing a Mac tomorrow to do the extraction on. Maybe that'll be easier
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

BenMcLean wrote:To extract on Windows, each person has to manually adjust settings for each individual file going back and forth in HFVExplorer? Seriously?

This is exactly the sort of thing that only one human should have to do once. It's what we've got scripting languages for.

I'll see about borrowing a Mac tomorrow to do the extraction on. Maybe that'll be easier
I didn't have to do that. I just selected the PP Data folder on each CD, extracted it to a folder as data and resource fork and let the program do all thinking. Let the program also auto-rename. I would extract each of the 4 CD's in their own directory, then one by one select the 2nd CD PP Data folder, than the 3rd, then the 4th and overwrite everything in the 1st PP Data folder, then your all set, took me like 5 minutes.
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

Ok so anyway, I'm documenting my way thru the game on scummVM. The first problem I encountered I guess was a bug...You can't kill the robot in Norad by crushing him with pressure, the game freezes with a infinite audio loop, but you can use the grapple arm thingy. No big deal..
Last edited by monster99f150 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.