Shadow of the Comet/Prisoner of Ice engine status

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Paolo86

Shadow of the Comet/Prisoner of Ice engine status

Post by Paolo86 »

I remember that a while ago johndoe was working on the Shadow of the Comet engine. Haven't heard of any progress since then. Has the engine been discontinued?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

These are two separate engines, comet and prisoner, and johndoe has real life obligations, reducing his free time.

The last real commit on comet was on 25th August.

The last real commit on prisoner was on 15tg June.
Paolo86

Post by Paolo86 »

(Mostly) everybody has real life onligation to fullfil I consider myself lucky just for the fact that he's still working on it after all this time. :) I regularly follow the development of every engine via wiki, thanks to the links to the svn trunks. I couldn't find one for comet for quite some time, so I turned to the forums for news :D
HappehLemons

Post by HappehLemons »

Will the daily snapshot builds run these games, or do I have to download the specific commit?
Paolo86

Post by Paolo86 »

The engine is not yet added to scummvm so the daily builds currently don't run it.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

HappehLemons wrote:Will the daily snapshot builds run these games, or do I have to download the specific commit?
No, as far as I know they're both developed outside of ScummVM, in non-public repositories.
HappehLemons

Post by HappehLemons »

I see, thanks. Hopefully one day! :)