Beavis and Butt-head Do U

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JohnnyLurg

Beavis and Butt-head Do U

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Is this sequel to Beavis and Butt-head in Virtual Stupidity being worked on for ScummVM?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Re: Beavis and Butt-head Do U

Post by md5 »

JohnnyLurg wrote:Is this sequel to Beavis and Butt-head in Virtual Stupidity being worked on for ScummVM?
Yes, it's an in-progress game engine
JohnnyLurg

Post by JohnnyLurg »

md5 wrote:
JohnnyLurg wrote:Is this sequel to Beavis and Butt-head in Virtual Stupidity being worked on for ScummVM?
Yes, it's an in-progress game engine
What about Bunghole in One?
elvisish

Post by elvisish »

Hope Do-U makes it, I love the VS support in scumm now, shame they don't sell the games on GoG.
videogamefan

Post by videogamefan »

Will "Beavis & Butt-Head: Do U" Be On ScummVM 2.0.1?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I don't think there will be a ScummVM 2.0.1. The next version is likely to be ScummVM 2.1.0. Will it include Beavis and Butt-head Do U? I don't know (my guess would be that it will not but I might well be wrong).
The engine for this game has been merged into ScummVM, but I don't know if it is complete or how far it is from being finished. However since it is now included in the daily builds, you could try a recent one and see how well it the game runs, if it runs at all.
elvisish

Post by elvisish »

I've lost track, is the engine in the latest dev build?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

elvisish wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 am I've lost track, is the engine in the latest dev build?
It depends what you mean by that. Here are three different answers; hopefully one of those will answer what you wanted to know:
  • All the engines are enabled in the dev builds. That doesn't mean the games are playable though.
  • Duckman: The Graphic Adventures of a Private Dick, which uses the same engine as Beavis and Butt-head Do U, is officially supported since ScummVM 2.1.0.
  • Beavis and Butt-head Do U is still not supported, and as far as I can see there has been no progress on that game for the last two years. I have no idea what the status is. It may be playable with some issues and missing features, or not playable at all.
elvisish

Post by elvisish »

If it runs on the same engine as Duckman and Duckman works, how much more work would it be for Do U to be added? It's currently a pain to play via VM.