Nokia x6 - Broken sword 1 and 2 working fully

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

krafty_pk

Nokia x6 - Broken sword 1 and 2 working fully

Post by krafty_pk »

Hi there, just thought id let you know my findings.

Many games games like 'the dig' and 'flight of the amazon queen' work 100% on my x6

I played Broken Sword 1 and 2 and also Curse Of Monkey Island before and they all ran playable but with slowdown in the heavy animation sections making it run around 70-80% speed. especially with broken sword intros.

Im on the latest ScummVM for symbian, I googled around and found a program called RAMblow which optimizes your phones ram, and i installed and ran it and now all 3 games work 95-100%

Now i read somewhere that people werent sure if the program worked, all im saying is these games struggled before and did NOT like playing videos and now they work damn near perfect.

The program is here > http://www.fileserve.com/file/PuZJHzK if you want it =)i checked for viruses etc its fine, this is the one i installed on my phone. just use 7zip to unzip it and grab the .sisx inside, put into 'installs' folder on your phone, locate the folder on your actual phone and use!

Enjoy and i hope i helped, ive used ScummVM for years on various platforms and i wanted to do my part