Monkey Island 1: Save game with Nokia C7

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

PocketPirate

Monkey Island 1: Save game with Nokia C7

Post by PocketPirate »

Hey Guys,

i have got a new Nokia C7 and i never used ScummVM before so i am a total newbie.

I found the app

scummvm-1.1.1-s60-v3

and got it installed on the C7. One of my friend has all the old MI games already as scrummVM versions (for PC), so a had just to copy everthing to my handy and start the program.

Totally awesome, guybrush threepwood is the coolest pirate ever! Sorry Jack *g*

But i am not able to get into the Menue and so i cant save any games. Tried to find something in the "Controls used..." Thread but didnt get what to do with the tough handy C7. Forum-search also didnt get any result for C7.

Has anyone have an idea?

Thanks a lot
PocketPirate

Post by PocketPirate »

ok. playing around for some while let me realize that there is a menue at the right side of the display.
I can´t see anything (everything is black besides the game-screen) but i managed by tiping blind on the screen to get into the menue and save my game.
Obviously there's something wrong with the game, although the rest is shown and i can play the game ...
... i remember reading something about this display problem while searching ... but i can´t find it again.

Is Anybody knowing what am talking about? :roll:
daaceking

Post by daaceking »

i don't know if the c7 is s60v3 or v5 but if it is then go to the downloads page and download the latest 1.2.0 build and try that
wrighty.uk.gorl

Post by wrighty.uk.gorl »

You wrong on both counts mate :)

You are running symbian^3 and it seem to have a problem with the on screen keyboard part at the moment. I have a nokia N8 and i have the same prob
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yes there are some strange drawing issues with Symbian^3, must be some issue with with the screen handling. (of course)