S60v5 virtual keyboard malfunction?!?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

daaceking

S60v5 virtual keyboard malfunction?!?

Post by daaceking »

Hello

I have tried out this great new emulator called scummvm and it really is good! As a matter of fact I would like to recommend it to you guys :p but I have a problem I was hoping you guys could help me out with. In the controls post it mentions that you press ctrl and then up or down. The thi g is before I press ctrl I can see the directional keys but as soon as I press ctrl it turns into the number pad regardless that it is on cur and not num. Hence it is impossible to change the volume. Is anyone else experiencing his issue on s60v5 And how do I fix it? V1.2.0

thanks

edit; there are 3 vol controls in the options which are on 256. Does the master volume ( the ctrl and direction key) actually make it louder? BecAuse it is really quiet And that is the problem I am trying to solve. Other games and emus are loud but scummvm is quiet
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

There is a sdl.ini in c:\data\scummvm , edit this to manually change the overal global game/sdl volume.
daaceking

Post by daaceking »

How do I find the file because connecting to pc, only the mem card is shown. In file manager, I can't see the file or edit ini files, just view them. And I don't have advanced file managers because sis and sisx can be virus and I don't have mobile antivirus so I rarely get symbian files. Also could you tell me how am I to edit it? As in what is the max vol value and min vol value etc. I'm a complete newbie sorry.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Volume is in % from 0-100%, you should be able to copy the file from internal to mem card using the internal filemanager then edit on the memcard. Also if you do connect in pc suite mode, both internal and mem card is visible in your pc, so you can access the internal\scummvm folder directly.
daaceking

Post by daaceking »

pc suite does not show all files and folders. Also the phone doesn't show all files and folders. Still having trouble finding the file.
vakons

Post by vakons »

daaceking, if you need a file manager, try X-plore from Lonely Cat Games.
It can be used without registration, and it does show the "C:\Data\..." folder, so you could copy the file.

Get it from official site to be sure that it doesn't contain viruses.
(Hope it doesn't count as "blatant advertising". :))