S^3 port?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

wrighty.uk.gorl

Post by wrighty.uk.gorl »

Sweet so looking forward to playing curse of monkey island again :D
srb2006

Post by srb2006 »

Hi I am new to the forum and ScummVM.

I have a Nokia N8... which file do I need to install to play my old games using ScummVM?? Is there any update if a Symbian^3 version of ScummVM will be made?

Apparently there is a problem with a "virtual keyboard"? does that mean that old Sierra games like Kings Quest 1-4 will not work because they require typing?

what about all the Monkey Island games or the remastered Sierra games that use the mouse clicking interface?

Thank you
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Download the last updated svn version from the sticky thread here, it has a working onscreen keybaord for the N8.
wrighty.uk.gorl

Post by wrighty.uk.gorl »

Just wondered if the button for swapping to right click on the mouse been fixed yet as was finding it impossible to swap from left to right back to left click cheers ian
Xuio

Post by Xuio »

I think that it hasn't been fixed yet :(
digithree

Would love to see this fixed

Post by digithree »

Hi, I have a Nokia C7 running Symbian ^3 and would love to get a version of ScummVM that worked. Any news on the port working yet?

Problems I have are
  • Gravity switch backwards (screen in landscape when held in portrate and vise versa)
  • Also the more times you switch screen mode, the screen gets smaller and smaller
  • Buttons not visable on screen except top button which is just an empty white box
  • On screen keyboard is garbage, as in completely garbled
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Still wishing for a Nokia C7 my self. I guess you can try the latest svn version. Should be less garbled onscreen keyboard. Also you can set rotation orientation with CTRL mode switches
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

I am using a Nokia C6-01 and have tried LOOM with the latest svn version scummvm-110131-SymbianS60v3_all.sis .

So far so good. I think it works rather well.
Sometimes the popup keyboard does not respond (especially when I try to minimize or hide it) and I don't think it's possible to double click on something (or I am doing something wrong), but in LOOM there is a single-click alternative to double-clicking.