S^3 port?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

So I just uploaded the 1.2.1 version so at least it can be played, but not with ^3 fix I'm afraid, I have to allocate some time for that.

Hopefully the sis file will be available at DLs page soon.
wrighty.uk.gorl

Post by wrighty.uk.gorl »

Dont know if it any help but i updated to the new version any how and what ever have been changed now i can not get access to the keyboard at all. Were as on 1.2.0 with a little guess work it could be used. Hope that make sence
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Strange, the touch part should n't have been affected.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You could always try touching the lower right corner. That should resize the main window at least. But I need to fix the drawing of that keyboard, I think I know how to.
wrighty.uk.gorl

Yer the lower right hand corner wont do nothing at all now were on 1.2.0 it would,

also when i press and hold the menu key on the n8 the keyboard used to show on 1.2.0 on 1.2.1 when i do it, Can not get it to show at all now.

Any how not a prob can wait lol thought i would let ya know
Fable Son

Post by Fable Son »

Same problem here. I just tried it on my N8. The 1.2.0 worked better. Now it is complaining when i'm trying to start some of the games like the Kyrandia games. Something about the engin is not there!? :/

But i can still see the virtual bar when i press and hold the Menu button. Just like before.

I had hopede that this version would finaly work propely on the Nokia N8 :/
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well there are two exes now, please read the sticky post about this, about what engines is in each exe.
Mysteo

Post by Mysteo »

I also dont see virutal keyboard on N8 :(
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

There is a problem with the virtual keyboard rendering on Symbian^3. need to fix this
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Please try this version on any Symbian^3 phone. I think the VKB problem is solved.

A fluid cursor updated (touch and move to change direction) but have it broken the keyboard support??

http://www.anotherguest.se/cvsbuilds/sc ... v3_all.sis
Fable Son

Post by Fable Son »

i have tried it now on my N8. The whriting/letters is realy big on the virtual keyboard. But it works fine.
Only problem i can see from testing it for a few minutes is that i can't change between left and right mouse button "_*". Nothing happens when i press that button. But some times it changes by it self when i press some of the other buttons like "CUR" and "ABC" and so on
wrighty.uk.gorl

Confirmed same problems. Can not get the mouse button to change from *- and the text it a little on the large side other than that seems to be working fine,
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ok! I now that the the * item is abit badly placed, all space there is allocated to joy movement. :-) Switch to mini mode if you like left right click changes. I will see if I can relocate. I can use a diffrent font then
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ok.. the screen is not updated properly when the -/* toggles. I will fix that and make the font abit smaller.
Fable Son

Post by Fable Son »

Looking forward to that :)