S^3 port?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

johnsamey

S^3 port?

Post by johnsamey »

Any chance of scummvm coming to the latest Symbian platform? Or could QT port be possible?

edit: Actually it seems that at least the latest svn build works on N8. Just playing DOTT :) Only that when the menu is opened to the right hand side of the screen, nothing shows up, but you can still click the buttons there.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I just tried the SDL port on the Symboian ^3 emu and also noticed the lack of virtual keyboard. Checked acouple of things but could n't get it to draw. Very strange. :-) Well. I will investigate. Won't make it the 1.2 release though.
daniel74

Post by daniel74 »

Can I play Monkey Island 3 on my N8 with the Version for Symbian 5th Edition or is there the need of a completly new version?
Thx
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You should be able to play COMI using the S60v5 on the N8, sound/music might sound odd at times. I really want to add multitouch support to SDL, but I want to do that quite dynamic, so lets see how I can do that, also without a multitouch device at hand. But would be nice to tap to the left ( or right) and control at the other side of the screen.
daniel74

Post by daniel74 »

@Anotherguest
Thx. Broken Sword plays the videos and now I have installed COMI and it runs too. The only problem....I see the game in fullscreen, but when I turn the display, it makes the game useless because there is so much left from the display! And I doesent found any virtual Keyboard. Have you any idea how to play the games on the N8?
Saber

Post by Saber »

Not sure about the keyboard as the games I have don't require them. As far as the rotating is concerned, right now I just go into the Setup > Phone > Sensor menu and turn it off before I start up Scumm. It's a bit of a pain, but at least it's usable.
daniel74

Post by daniel74 »

@saber
Thank you very much! This solvedmy problems :D
No it works like charm!!
Fable Son

Post by Fable Son »

Another trick is that you keep the menu button in for a few sec. When the "Programs in progress" pops up. You some time get a glimts of the Virtual menu buttons in Scummvm. Don't know why. And it only works sometime. But if yore are fast. You can get a little idea of where the buttons are on the Virtual keaboard :)
I yoused that to rotate the screen around (press "ctl" then press "2") It took some tryes. But it worked :)
Fable Son

Post by Fable Son »

When you update the Symbian^3 version. Can you then put the newer interface from iPhone on it. Instead of the old simple black and green that are on the Symbian^1 5th edition now ?

And then rotate the screen from start. So we don't have to rotate it after install :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You can already use the new theme, you just need to put the new themes. zip into the data folder. for it to work. :-)
Fable Son

Post by Fable Son »

Anotherguest wrote:You can already use the new theme, you just need to put the new themes. zip into the data folder. for it to work. :-)
Sounds great! :-)
But where can i find the new theme ?
And do i need to do anything else. Or will the theme change automatically when i put the files in the folder ? :-)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You can just select the theme in options menu. You can take the zip file from the windows release place it into the scummvm data folder (full path c:\data\scummvm on device) or just the ScummVM folder using builtin filemanager.
wrighty.uk.gorl

Post by wrighty.uk.gorl »

So will ScummVM be comming to Symbian^3 ? As i know alot off poeple are not given support for symbian now.

Been trying to play monkey island 3 on my N8 and it just not possible with the on screen keyboard problem. So would be great if it is comming
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I don't own a Symbian ^3 device to test with, but the emulator has the same problems. Just thought of a possible solution though. Should solve the problem. Just some coding needed (as always). :-D
wrighty.uk.gorl

Post by wrighty.uk.gorl »

Look forward to it in that case then :) Keep up the good work