Touchpad mode for my i8910 Omnia HD

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cosinuz

Touchpad mode for my i8910 Omnia HD

Post by cosinuz »

Hi there,

is it possible to get the "touchpad mode" feature for the i8910 like on the iPhone. I've some problems to play the games with my big fingers tips ;)

Thx!

-cosinuz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I think that would be great for S60 touch phones. I will see what I can do. Thing is that you have multitouch on iPhone, and you really want that for the best performance. Not sure how you would like tap events to work.
cosinuz

Post by cosinuz »

Yes, unfortunately the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD isn't a multitouch device (Thx to apple!). Maybe it's possible to activate this mode with a shortcut like crtl+(?)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Been working on lots of touch tweaks (and introducing a couple of bugs on the way). I was thinking away where the cursor is positioned abit to the side of your finger, but I guess the touchpad mode would work as well.
cosinuz

Post by cosinuz »

Nice! :)
Dagrat3one

Any news?

Post by Dagrat3one »

I was wondering if there has been any progress in this direction. This will greatly improve SCUMMVM on touchscreen S60 devices, if implemented. :D

Am dying to see how it turns out. The only other solution that i can think of to make it usable is to see if i can get a bluetooth mouse to work ^_^