Subtitles Related Suggestion

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Graxer

Subtitles Related Suggestion

Post by Graxer »

I have a Nokia 3250 which has a screen resolution of only 176x208. This means that when I am running ScummVM the text can be very hard to read, and sometimes unreadable, due to the effects of scaling.

I know that in most games the subtitles can be toggled, meaning they are completely seperate from the main games graphics. This made me wonder whether they could also be automatically scaled to an appropriate size for the screen resolution. (Or even a manual setting would be good) This would make the games much more playable on my phone.

I don't know how easy this would be, as I am not experienced in this kind of thing. However, if such a feature could be implemented it would really help.

EDIT: I am aware that this is probably not possible with games like Indiana Jones and the Last Cruisade, due to the fact that the subtitles are part of the main game's graphics, and not a seperate track like in, say, Fate of Atlantis.