The Curse of Monkey Island on Nokia 5800

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Simonst

Post by Simonst »

I've got the same problem. On my Nokia 5800 XM with the new Verson of Scummvm. I start MI3 aand in the first scene when Guybrush Threepwood wants to say something the game stops but when I press the . button it goes on but than when I want to fire with the canon there is a error message and ScummVM closes itself. When I save before I use the canon and load the savegame it works up to the next scene where I get into the next romm with the treasuries than there is again a error massage. I tried on and came to the point where the golden Elaine get stolen, there is again the error massage and I can do what I want it comes again and again. In addition I use the MI3 files of the 2 CD version.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Audio streaming is crashing thats why the sound stops. This only happens on S60v5 and not v3 and I have n't found out why yet.
Skarpia

Post by Skarpia »

Hi.
Someone called vecisno (at the clubnokiasymbian forum)told me that he solved the crash.
He told me that copying the roland soundcard drivers to the game directory and selecting them at options->midi->soundfont sould solve the problem.
But it does not work for me.

Anyone can try it?
If it works, could tell me how?
rubenvaro

Post by rubenvaro »

I have the same problem with my n97,is there any solution? I have been trying to fix sound for 3 days..and MI3 works fine without sound(using compressed files) With original 2 cd files game has got sound but it crashes... I have tried to use roland drivers but y don´t know how to do it. someone can help us?

pablacho

Post by pablacho »

any changes using the new v40 firmware maybe...?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Thanks to Nokia Forum I now own a N97 so I can do some testing on that. Still very strange with that crash. might be a out of stack issue.
palecc22

Post by palecc22 »

hi scarpia i tried what you suggested and it only worked for about 3 minutes. i have nokia 5530XM
Rick81

Post by Rick81 »

I have the same sound issue on Sony Ericsson Satio which is also using Symbian S60v5. I would really like to play this game with sound since I remembered it as a good game.

Anotherguest:
Have you started debugging this problem and if you have what have you found out?

Anybody found workaround for this problem?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have n't found anything special, it only occurs on S60v5, not v3, its the audio thread dieing. Movie audio works fine, its the talkie audio that break things it seems. Error code does n't say many useful things.
Rick81

Post by Rick81 »

Will this problem be solved in next version of ScummVM? Is anybody working on fixing this bug? Is the bug reported?

If not, it looks that SymbianS60v5 owners will not be able to play Monkey Island 3....:-(
roteero2001

Post by roteero2001 »

Guys I got this problem on N97 ,FT sounds is messed up on V5 but works on V3.
And I can't play COMI and it just freeze and stutters! "although scummvm does not lock up/freeze and you can still open the menu".

any update on this one guys? is the N97 capable of handling COMI well? any dedicated build or it?

thanx
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Not resolved yet. Don't know whats causing this. Must be in the ScummVM v4 audio mixing code. Perhaps the digi muse.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

you might want to also look into why when using compressed audio (ogg/mp3), there's no sound at all. might be a clue as to the general problem.
sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi »

Same problem on SonyEricsson Satio (S60 5th),
I hope that someone will find a solution, this game looks amazing on a wide mobile display.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Intro movie sounds good, its the in game speech which crashes. Hmm wonder.. number of files open which is a problem? To many files? I tried increasing stack size. Did not help.