ScummVM 0.13.1 on Nokia N73 - Rectangle Problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Morden

ScummVM 0.13.1 on Nokia N73 - Rectangle Problem

Post by Morden »

Recently I have installed a new version of ScummVM on my Nokia N73 phone. Before installing the new one, I removed the old version using the regular uninstall feature.

After I've installed and ran ScummVM 0.13.1, I have noticed a light grey rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen [or lower right, depending on how you look at it - I have enclosed some photos, anyway].

Image Image Image

I read through some of the documentation and looked around on the boards, but all I found was this post and the problem is only mentioned, not solved.

The games run fine and everything works like it should. The only problem is that rectangle, which never goes away. It's there in the menu, and it's there no matter what game you start. Does anyone know how to get rid of this, aside from re-installing 0.12.X?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Older phones either report they have a touch screen or a mouse, on which I enable the gray rectangle, called "press me to activate the virtual keyboard" . Of course N73 is not a touch phone so it should n't have n't.

As I don't own any phoones on which it goes wrong, I don't know where it goes wrong. But its a simple fix, that should work on 30 or so device. :-) Thats the problem
magosupremosp

Post by magosupremosp »

Hi!!

my phone is a N95 8gb and i have the same problem with the rectangle...

hmm im moving back to the older version...

someone know what to do??

thx!!!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have found a better way to detect a touch screen, so for the next release it will be gone.
Deia24

Post by Deia24 »

Cheers mate! Nice to hear :>
Arren

Post by Arren »

Hi, AG!
Can you add option to hide the rectangle or something else to hide it?
I don't want downgrade my ScummVM version, but I want to play games without this ugly rectangle :P

// I bought bluetooth mouse and it works fine! thnx :)