Broken Sword 1&2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bartekxyz

Broken Sword 1&2

Post by bartekxyz »

Have anyone tried to finish this game on s60 devices? I tried on n95-1 but game crashes in random moments. And it's not memory related for sure as with normal build(0.13.1) I have 6MB free after running scummvm+game and new conversations, events, locations loaded in fly do nothing to free memory amount - it's constantly at 6MB - So I don't think it's related to memory fragmentation. What is more with custom svn build which contains only BS1&BS2 engines(smaller exe) after running game I have 12-13MB free memory... game still crashes in random moments - especially during cutscenes and conversations.. May it be caused by buffer overflow? I don't know but for me it crashes and I'm unable to play it comfortably. Any suggestions? And what are your experiences with BS series on Symbian phones?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

remove the movies and see if it makes a difference.
bartekxyz

Post by bartekxyz »

Anotherguest wrote:remove the movies and see if it makes a difference.
Game still crashes... Moving around is ok but... only conversations seem to crash the game...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm audio compressed in any way?
bartekxyz

Post by bartekxyz »

Anotherguest wrote:Hmm audio compressed in any way?
Yes, speech and music files compressed to vorbis format. Oh, if I remove speech files game runs fine(of course without voices)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You could try recompressing in MP3. (use low bitrate). It might be a codec issue.