MI1 and MI2 problems

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

titok

MI1 and MI2 problems

Post by titok »

Hi there, I am pretty new to scummvm, looked all the posts but did not find any answers to these questions:
1. Running Monkey Island 1 nicely on my Nokia E71 but do not have any music. Can this be solved?
2. Cannot get past the copy protection in Monkey Island 2, because I simply cannot enter any codes, cannot to anything on the copy protection screen. Tried key remapping E71 keys but did not help.

Any solutions out there? Thanks in advance!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: MI1 and MI2 problems

Post by eriktorbjorn »

titok wrote: 1. Running Monkey Island 1 nicely on my Nokia E71 but do not have any music. Can this be solved?
Which version of the game is this? If it's the PC CD version (256 colors, and icons for the inventory rather than text), the music is stored as audio tracks on the CD. The desktop version of ScummVM can play the music from MP3, Ogg Vorbis or FLAC files instead. I don't know about the SymbianOS port, but I assume it's documented somewhere.
titok

Re: MI1 and MI2 problems

Post by titok »

[quote="eriktorbjorn"][quote="titok"]
1. Running Monkey Island 1 nicely on my Nokia E71 but do not have any music. Can this be solved?
[/quote]

Which version of the game is this? If it's the PC CD version (256 colors, and icons for the inventory rather than text), the music is stored as audio tracks on the CD. The desktop version of ScummVM can play the music from MP3, Ogg Vorbis or FLAC files instead. I don't know about the SymbianOS port, but I assume it's documented somewhere.[/quote]

It is the floppy version, i.e. the sound should play. ???
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Try changing volume.. green key, up up up, green key

On password screen.. press 1,1,1, usually works.
titok

Post by titok »

[quote="Anotherguest"]Try changing volume.. green key, up up up, green key

On password screen.. press 1,1,1, usually works.[/quote]

None of this works. No music, only some sounds.
On the copy protection screen I cannot press any key at all. I see the blinking cursor but cannot do anything. :-(