i8510 games wont start

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pietjo

i8510 games wont start

Post by pietjo »

Hi Guys,

I;m trying tor uns some games on my Samsung i8510 innov8. All seems working fine untill i start the game. Then the debugger screen shows up en tell's me to type "exit" to return to game. But when i type that, im sended back to my samsung menu.

I installed scumm on my phone memory. The games on my mass memory (8gb intern, so no SD card. The game are also in the root of the mass memory so no directorys. When i installed them in a directory scumm can find them.

How can i solve the problem?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Re: i8510 games wont start

Post by md5 »

pietjo wrote:Hi Guys,

I;m trying tor uns some games on my Samsung i8510 innov8. All seems working fine untill i start the game. Then the debugger screen shows up en tell's me to type "exit" to return to game. But when i type that, im sended back to my samsung menu.

I installed scumm on my phone memory. The games on my mass memory (8gb intern, so no SD card. The game are also in the root of the mass memory so no directorys. When i installed them in a directory scumm can find them.

How can i solve the problem?
Which games are these?
pietjo

Post by pietjo »

tryed full throttle and monkey island 2
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ok..
a) Put the games in a folder on the memorycard.
b) Open folders when adding a game and select add.

that should work.

Also makesure that you have valid game data, i.e clean from your original floppies or CDs. Data corruption might cause problems for ScummVM or incompatible versions of the game.
pietjo

Post by pietjo »

Thnx, Monkey Island and Full Throtlle works fine now. What a great program!