SymbianUIQ 2.x port

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SpaceRat

SymbianUIQ 2.x port

Post by SpaceRat »

I wonder if I'm the only one still using a SymbianUIQ 2.x cell phone (SonyEricsson P910i), at least I couldn't find anyone asking about the UIQ 2.x port of ScummVM (It's not even mentioned in the FAQ at all).

Even if some engines added lately might bring UIQ 2.x devices beyond it's possibilities, I would love to see new versions - even if with a limited set of engines - for UIQ 2.x.

Are there any plans to update the UIQ 2.x port?
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS_UIQ
The wiki tells us that the Sony Ericsson P910i with UIQ 2.1 is supported.
SpaceRat

Post by SpaceRat »

I knew it works, as I'm already using ScummVM on it.

But my question was if the build is going to be updated again, as it was last done for version 0.9.1 while we are at 0.13.0 already, which is available for UIQ3 but not for UIQ2.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

If I'm not mistaken, older SymbianOS versions are no longer supported, as the compilers for them are now outdated and can't compile some of the features in ScummVM's code
SpaceRat

Post by SpaceRat »

md5 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, older SymbianOS versions are no longer supported, as the compilers for them are now outdated and can't compile some of the features in ScummVM's code
Damn, that sucks.
As long as that wouldn't remove support for engines that worked in 0.9.1, I would love to see a newer build anyways, in order to participate on fixes for existing engines.

E.g. if it's just the AGI or SCI code that doesn't compile, having just the SCUMM, HE, sky and so on fixes made between 0.9.1 and 0.13.0 would still make a newer build desirable.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

No, the problem isn't just with the engine code, but with ALL of ScummVM's code (including common code). Read Anotherguest's reply in this thread:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4257