Controls on Nokia E71 QWERTY-device

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

murgo

Controls on Nokia E71 QWERTY-device

Post by murgo »

Hi.

I just added keys / controls of Nokia E71 (and other qwerty-devices?) to the sticky controls-thread, but there are some keys which I want to discuss.

In AGI games right soft key and middle joystick are useless (on qwerty-device), but you'd really need key to retype last message. Also you cannot turn on sirens on in Police Quest and thus can't finish it (it's bound on f6 or something in pc and you cannot access menus while driving).

Also I recall being able to use some debug keys on earlier builds which I cannot use any more (not that they were really useful anyway).

There were some other "bugs" which I cannot recall right now :P.

Thanks for your hard work, anotherguest!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

FN+qwerty keys might work for Fx keys. But I have not E71 to test with , and there are some differences from the E61 :-(
LFLFM

Post by LFLFM »

when u press the function key, a little F appears at the top of the screen... it switched from yellow to red or vice-versa...
I wonder if its got something to do with that to use the Fx keys...

I dont know as I've only got full throttle and amazon queen; neither of them use the F keys on the PC (or do they?)

what I dont like about the controls on the e71 is the lack of usage for the middle key and the fact that using the normal directional buttons we get random automatic left clicks... so I had to bind keys in the keyboard to move the cursor...