Pre-0.13.0 builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Making sure you have the correct game data from your original floppies or CDs is the first thing to check.

The error message is saying that it has encountered a serious error in one of the game scripts.(Which is in the actual game files)
triada

Post by triada »

These games started and worked good in 0.12.0 builds :(
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Every new version has lots of different bugfixes and of course it can cause regression. I have tested some games on the 0.13.0 and they seem to work ok for me.
The One Electronic

Post by The One Electronic »

Just another testing report.
On Monkey Island 2 the game just stuck at the very beginning just after the presentation and the two white monkeys appear.
Sometimes the screen turns black.
No key works.
Cheers
breakthru

Post by breakthru »

Monkey 2 works perfectly fine with my phone but things tend to differ in various versions of a particular game...
Nitrogen87

Post by Nitrogen87 »

Monkey Island I & III and Day of the Tentacle are working fine with my 5800XM. Thanks a lot for the port!
Last edited by Nitrogen87 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsspider

Post by gsspider »

I noticed that the aspect ratio is not correct.
When I use CTL+4 its the way it should be, but then the picture is kinda small. Is there a way to have a bigger picture with the correct aspect ratio?

Image Image

Of course the win in landscape mode is bigger, but for some reason I could only make screenshots in portrait mode.
Timusius

Post by Timusius »

Thanks for making this work on the Nokia 5800. I've played through a huge bit of Monkey Island and it works great.

But.. I've noticed some strange behavior that I think is linked to the Scummvm.

After running Scummvm, the phone cannot switch between the different ways of entering text. It simply defaults to the full screen qwerty keyboard. When I try to switch to one of the other keyboards the screen goes black for a bit, and then pops up with the full qwerty keyboard again.

If I turn the phone off and on the problem is gone.
As soon as I run scummvm, enter a game, and quit it, the problem is back again.

I'm using the pre0.13.0 port, and the phone has the new V20 firmware.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Some users want as large image as possible, some want correct aspect.. And thats usually quite hard to handle without lots of settings here and there. So right now stretching is not done with regards to aspect. Only regard is that if x shrink is done, then y stretch is not done.
gsspider

Post by gsspider »

Timusius wrote:After running Scummvm, the phone cannot switch between the different ways of entering text. It simply defaults to the full screen qwerty keyboard. When I try to switch to one of the other keyboards the screen goes black for a bit, and then pops up with the full qwerty keyboard again.

If I turn the phone off and on the problem is gone.
As soon as I run scummvm, enter a game, and quit it, the problem is back again.

I'm using the pre0.13.0 port, and the phone has the new V20 firmware.
I had the same keyboard problem every once in a while before I updated the firmware to v20, but I don't know if ScummVM was causing the problem.
nicefella

Post by nicefella »

'the more correct' aspect ratio, for example in the game the day of tentacle, could be achieved by reducing the area taken by the virtual keyboard which isnt nessecary in all games. Thus games would be as big as possible and still retain correct aspect ratio. Btw thank you for the great port.
Arnachie

Post by Arnachie »

I can't even get SCUMMVM running on my new Nokia 5800XM. I downloaded and installed the files and the SCUMMVM button appears in the program menu. But once I try to start it the screen freezes for a second and then nothing happens. Do you have any ideas?
DRW666

Post by DRW666 »

im having the same problem with the UIQ3 download. whe n going to install it onto my nokia 5800 it says a file is missing install anyway, once installed the icon appears but does nothing.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

UIQ3 download is for UIQ phones, S60 download for S60 phones. So UIQ version will never ever work on a S60 phone. :-)
Arnachie

Post by Arnachie »

LOL I solved the problem by rebooting the phone. Strange, I thought this would only work in Windows.
But now I've got the problem that I've got no sound at all in MI2, Indy 1 and Fullthrottle. The sound of the phone is switched to 100% and ive copied the whole game to the phone (and it definetly works on PC). Any suggestions?