Pre-0.13.0 builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Pre-0.13.0 builds

Post by Anotherguest »

Here
http://anotherguest.se/cvsbuilds/scummv ... anUIQ3.sis

// And
http://anotherguest.se/cvsbuilds/scummv ... nS60v3.sis

These builds are complete with the full 0.13.0 engine set so it do require lots of memory. Might even work for 5800 xpress music, but I have n't tested that yet. ;-)

So whats new.. some touch support for 5800.. I hope.. resetinactivity timer seems to work so that will keep all cutscenes on S60 devices with nice backlight.
goetz

Post by goetz »

Thanks, nice! Some first impressions, as always on my S60v3.1 Nokia E51.

On the positive side: Overall game stability seems fine -- tested some a bit: loom, maniac, atlantis, comi, Sam+Max, mi, mi2, dott, woodruff.
Inactivity timer reset for cutscenes works fine. Sam+Max seems a bit quicker than before. Comi does not crash in these peculiar situations that I have described for version 0.12 -- fine! :)

On the negative side: In game option menu (pressing *, then clicking option) crashes ScummVM. Once I even had a device reboot here. :(

BTW: The "vertical scroll bug" seems to have vanished forever -- good! :D

- Goetz
bojzi

Post by bojzi »

I'm testing this out on a 5800 XM.

Firmware version: 20.0.012

First a questio - is there any way to bring up the virtual keyboard you've been talking about?

General:

Starts up nice, although the orientation is wrong. If I hold the phone in portrait mode the screen is rotated 90 degrees clockwise (as it should be when I hold it in landscape). When I try to turn the phone so that the screen turns around, ScummVM crashes.

Pushing the green button display green CTRL text but it goes to the dialling dialog and crashes ScummVM.

The games get added successfully.

Monkey Island 2:

Can't get past the code entry because of lack of keys.

Day of the tentacle (talkie):

Loads up fine, plays the entry animation. Sound is choppy.
The game plays fine, I can open doors, look at stuff and everything but the sound is also choppy.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have n't tested it on a real 5800 yet so the virtual keyboard might not be drawn properly. I have to check this.

I know that the ingame options menu crashes, I guess a menu resource is missing for that one, thats forgotten after changing GUI style to a XML driven one.

EDIT..
Yes the virtual keyboard are not displayed, but space is allocated for it (all the space around the gaming area). Also the rotate crash is not very nice. Have to investigate this further.
Piif

Post by Piif »

I tested it on my 5800 and the touchscreen support works great. The screen rotation bug is there for me also though.

Looking good though! :)
breakthru

Post by breakthru »

First of all, thank you very much for this build. It looks very very promising :)

Touchscreen support, as stated, works quite good on 5800XM. I too can confirm the screen rotation bug, though starting up ScummVM while the phone rests on a desk helps :)

I threw in Monkey 1, as it does not require any keyboard input to start up, and the performance was very low. The video was choppy and the midi music didn't play seamlessly.

Still, I'm sure when a build is optimized for the 5800 we'll get flawless ScummVM experience with touchscreen support...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Checked the specs, and the 5800 has the same CPU core as the 6120 classic, but 3 times the number of pixels. Also it has a very slow memory bus. So I guess I have to increase the audio latency to get the audio to work. And no stretch update should also be quicker. I still need a proper 5800 to test with, which I do not have.

I will continue testing on my emulator though.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! I have now updated the S60v3 abit more for the 5800. I found the reason for not displaying the virtual keyboard, so hopefully it should be displayed now.

Perhaps the rotate bug is also fixed, but I really don't know.

EDIT

Ok permanent crashing now, but I might have a clue to where to look for the problem now then. :-)
manoruo

Post by manoruo »

Testing in nokia 5800 XM

Yes, permanent crash in that pre0_13_0_beta...

Also noticed some problems with leisure suit larry in pre0_13_0_alfa(virtual keypad taps are not recognised properly, I don't know if in other ports it also happens)

Tested, and the same problems posted by other users today (sound "choppy", bad screen orientation, lack of virtual keyboard), but almost playables..

maniac mansion
indy and the last crusade
loom
secret of monkey Island
zack mckracken
simon the sorcerer

Thanks a lot for your work....
warboss

Post by warboss »

first of all : thx gr8 work! hope it will work for the 5800 one day :D

uhm uhm downloaded the pre version but always crashing :p

is there any link to the alfa verison???
darknova

Post by darknova »

Hi,
Just finished Full Throttle on this release and my N95-3. The crashing issue with version 12 is gone. Also the sound seems to be back to the normal volume. It does crash on when selecting 'Options' while in a game. The cursor movement is a little jerky at times and sometimes the game stutters for a second. It seems to happen sometimes when a sound clip is played and I don't remember noticing that on other versions.

I doubt it was planned in this build but just in case I could not use my bluetooth mouse with it.

Besides those minor issues this looks to be a pretty stable release on my N95. Thanks.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I just updated with a new version which should have working ingame options menu.
bojzi

Post by bojzi »

Thank you!

Just to report that the new version still crashes on start on the 5800 XM.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I know.. it's a divide by zero. Not sure why though.
jtan

Post by jtan »

This version will add support to BS 1 & 2, or these games are only playable in the subversion build?

BTW, 7th Guest works on this one?

Thank you a lot, I've been playing scummvm games in symbian port and its a great joy.