How to install 2 same aplication on nokia

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

zrina7

How to install 2 same aplication on nokia

Post by zrina7 »

Hy. Is it possible to install 2 same aplication and not to replace the old verison. I mean you have some aplication version 1.1 and you want to install 1.2 is it possible to have both version installed?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

NOt possible
VincentJ

Post by VincentJ »

Think it's possible in either of the two sets of circumstances-

1. Install version 1 on a removable memory card on the phone.
2. Remove card.
3. Install version 2 on the phone itself.
4. Shut down phone and reinsert card.
5. Should have two listings for the same progam in your app manager, since it scans the card for installed programs and adds them to it's menu. Might backfire and create two shortcuts to same version depending on how phone reacts.

Or-

1. Install version 1 on Memory Card 1
2. Remove Memory Card 1
3. Insert Memory Card 2
4. Install version 2 on Memory Card 2

Pretty sure I did the second one by accident with Opera Mobile, don't know if it'd work with ScummVM. Since you've installed the programs onto two different external card it should treat them seperately to some extent.

Warning- possibility of corrupting your application's data can be high. Especially if both versions happen to share temp/config data that's not stored on same drive as the installed application (i.e. in the phone's system folders). Try at your own risk.
zrina7

Post by zrina7 »

Thank you for answer but if you think that its risky than i'll pass. Tnx anyway.