Samsung i8510 Optical Joystick Support?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

yes I checked it, did not add any extra APIs, only ways to test it in emu some how.
royalcs

Post by royalcs »

aha, please correct me if I'm wrong....

this example programm gives you the x,y-position of the mouse cursor as it schould give for the use with scummvm.
so it has to use the APIs you need for that, doesn't it???

so is it not possible to get this example running on a real unit? only in the sdk emulator? or what do you mean?

sorry man, but I would like to understand...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

It might be the case that Samsung has updated the APIs since I looked last. What it says in the documentation is that its an api that switches between cursor and pointer mode, i.e you can get pointer events (normal symbian ones) or key events. And I have added mouse events for my S60 version of SDL now. Still I'm not sure that the API is needed.

I have a friend who has a device with the trackball on it.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Checked the API again, there are nothing special except an example that shows how to display a mouse cursor as a sprite if you don't have your own cursor.
royalcs

Post by royalcs »

aha, but you know that the innov8 works like a normal optical mouse( it is like moving your finger over the sensor of an optical mouse) I am not shoure if this trackball allows you to the same accuracy.

are you talking about this OJexample? because if you look at my earlier youtube link...this would be what we need.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yes the OJ exampleis the only one available. The actual SDK is not extended with any new APIs as such!
royalcs

Post by royalcs »

still... if this example works, it gives you the actual x,y position of the cursor, controled by the optical sensor. can you include this to the scummvm? so that I can controll the position of the scummvm cursor by the optical sensor?

this is all i need :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Touch/Mouse support for S60 will be included in the next release of ScummVM. So probably also the Samsung device.
royalcs

Post by royalcs »

aha, thank you. this would be really great.
dazzyb2k3

Post by dazzyb2k3 »

Wohooo, this will really transform the useability on these devices. I can't wait!

Thanks for the development :)
gorkemg

Post by gorkemg »

Anotherguest wrote:Touch/Mouse support for S60 will be included in the next release of ScummVM. So probably also the Samsung device.
Any planned release date ?

Can't waiting for the optic mouse support
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Not working with the 0.13.0 release?
gorkemg

Post by gorkemg »

Anotherguest wrote:Not working with the 0.13.0 release?
I'am using scummvm 0.13.0 (feb 23 2009) release and my samsung innov8 (i8510) 's optic mouse dont work on scumm.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I guess I need a I8510 to get that working properly then.Emulator and sdk extension is not enough, since it does n't really state how to use any mouse functionality.
gorkemg

Post by gorkemg »

Anotherguest wrote:I guess I need a I8510 to get that working properly then.Emulator and sdk extension is not enough, since it does n't really state how to use any mouse functionality.
I hope you get i8510 to get this optic mouse thing worked.This phones optic mouse is created for scumm , we just need support :)