UIQ3 special controls and resolution fitting

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

F-Lexx

UIQ3 special controls and resolution fitting

Post by F-Lexx »

I've seen that there are special key combinations for rotating the screen and such, on S60. Are there any equivalents on UIQ3? I own a P1i btw.

Also, some games like Touche' or I Have No Mouth... load fine and seem playable, but they run in VGA mode and so don't fit on my 320x240 screen. I found an option called "Aspect ratio correction" but it's grayed out.. Is there any work-around for this?
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

To quote myself from another thread (searching for "P1i" would've helped):
Basically it's just ALT (bottom right) + SHIFT (bottom left) + "any other key". I've got no idea, why it doesn't matter which one is the third key, but it works. For switching it back you have to release the buttons, before pressing them again.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The past days I have been working on VGA and other extended support for both the UIQ3 and S60v3 version. I might test it with COMI, since I have a G900 to test with which should enough memory available for that game. At least I hope so. As for performance that is to be seen.

Graphics are downscaled without any interpolation in VGA mode, or drawn 1-1, neither way, no more than the screensize is updated. Scrolling a VGA parallax field seems to work ok.

Also I have started work to get control mode for UIQ version, man means to get control over flipping, scaling etc.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Anotherguest wrote:Also I have started work to get control mode for UIQ version, man means to get control over flipping, scaling etc.
You mean via the menu? That'd be a little more convenient than button-combos...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well I really don't like applying special fixes in the ScummVM code, and most of the mapping and scaling is done in SDL, and I also want to keep that clean.

So its lots of keys.. one tap then keys as normal so you can change resolution/scaling/rotation independant of game play.

Actually its only the same as the S60 version.
Also I have added a no mouse button even mode, so you can tap without clicking left or right mousebutton at the same time. Instead this is done with separate keys in that mode, 7,9 or Space & Enter
murr4y

Post by murr4y »

I own a p1i and tried pressing alt+shift+"anykey" in scummvm but nothing happens. Actually the only keys working are pause and going up/down (how do I get into the menu when playing?). Besides, when I open "options" in the menu scuvmm crashes: "KERN EXEC"

can somebody help?

//thanks Anotherguest, it works!
Last edited by murr4y on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

In 0.12.version tap the little black icon in the corner, it should turn green.. then you can press f(lipp), s(trech), i(input), p(ortrait toggle). tap the green icon to revert to normal keyboard mode.
Vicious

Post by Vicious »

Can You make a shourtcut to the right/left mouse button ? Because in lots of games You need change buttons quicly (like Gogblins 2).

COMI work in UIQ3 phone ? How about BS and BS 2 ? Thx for Your GREAT work !
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

It works fine with P1i,M600 etc. When left/right mouse button indicator is empty, then you use hw key for left and right mouse buttons.