SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The wheel can be used for scrolling right now, clicking is not supported (yet).
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Checked the code. A couple of ScummVM games support middle button but not all.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And now also the UIQ3 build is updated.
http://anotherguest.se/cvsbuilds
for the latest releases.
darknova

Post by darknova »

Hi. It would be very cool to be able to map the mouse buttons to different events. That way we could map the third button to let's say the 'pause' menu. In a lot of games this would remove the need to access the key pad at all. Especially helpful when using an N95 on the television with a bluetooth mouse :).

By the way 7th guest is working great with the mouse so far.
Anotherguest wrote:Checked the code. A couple of ScummVM games support middle button but not all.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

1-3 mouse buttons is left, right and middle. Rest of keys (forward,back and one extra) is mapped to normal keycodes now(since 0307 svn). Perhaps I should map the middle key to a normal key also. I think left and right should be as is.

Then you could go into the keymapper and use the keys from the mouse as you wish.
darknova

Post by darknova »

I may not have understood your comment. I took from this that I should be able to map the scroll wheel (forward,backward?) to an event in the key mapper but it does not seem to recognize it. The scroll wheel works fine for scrolling through menu options so the wheel is being read ok. Did I misunderstand? Thanks.
Anotherguest wrote:1-3 mouse buttons is left, right and middle. Rest of keys (forward,back and one extra) is mapped to normal keycodes now(since 0307 svn). Perhaps I should map the middle key to a normal key also. I think left and right should be as is.

Then you could go into the keymapper and use the keys from the mouse as you wish.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Can't you press the middle button down? Like a button, not rolling on it. That should be press on the middle button. Scrollwheel actions are mapped to SDL scrollwheel events.

Also you can try any side button you might have on the mouse, to see if you can map any keys using the key map under options.
darknova

Post by darknova »

Yep, I can press the button down but I thought you said it was a normal mouse event, which I did not think could be mapped.

I can press the scroll wheel down, left and right as a button press, as well as scroll up and down. None of these actions will map in the key mapper. I use the 'down' press of the scroll wheel in the quake ports ok as mouse button 3.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I tested with my MS mouse now, and the only extra event I got was esc from my side key. no event from middlekey on jogwheel. So might have missed one event or so.

Work will go on. :-)
darknova

Post by darknova »

Good to know it's not just my setup. Thanks.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Code today only support like 6 buttons, and my side button becomes a BT keyboard esc for some reason. I will add support for more buttons, and map them to F1-F12 or something, since the actualy mouse button index and its usage is not always the same.
darknova

Post by darknova »

hi,
Is it not possible for the key mapper to map to whatever the mouse (or any other input) enumerates to instead of hard coding to a specific key? Mostly just curious. Thanks.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

OF course it is, but it might require more work for anothers SDL game which wants to use a normal mouse and does not offer the possibility for keymapping.
noxo

Post by noxo »

Works fine on Nokia E90. The VKB implemented by new SDL version (works probably basis on screen resolution) should be possible to set hidden by user (same applies to UAE) 8) Some sort "additional wide mode scaling" without losing much of aspect ratio, for non 4:3 displays should be also nice (in additional to current aspect keep maintaining streching) :D

btw. It was nice to test LSL3 on beta ECI support !
darknova

Post by darknova »

Hello,
I just wanted to voice (type?) my appreciation again to Anotherguest for both the SCUMMVM ports as well as the bluetooth mouse support. I just finished up Sam and Max on my TV using the mouse which worked great. 7th Guest is also working very well.

Off topic a bit, it's also nice to see the mouse support in Anotherguests more recent ports. Now, what web site can I post a request to add mouse support for Duke Nukem 3D ? :D