SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And now some these issues should be fixed. Still same link.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

does the newest build have the toonstruck engine in it?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yes its a very much ALL engines build :-D
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

yea toonstruck crashes on me on 5800 when trying to leave the first room. =\
this app is starting to grow a bit out of that phone's range... at game time it takes over 55mb of ram.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Mataku wrote:yea toonstruck crashes on me on 5800 when trying to leave the first room. =\
this app is starting to grow a bit out of that phone's range... at game time it takes over 55mb of ram.
I fixed (I hope) a memory leak a couple of minues ago that caused PAK files to not be unloaded. That should keep the ScummVM process from growing - or at least from growing as quickly as before - but it might not help you because it's still preloading quite a bit of data. For instance, it seems to want to keep the entire DREW.PAK in memory, which is 20 MB right there. I'm not really familiar with this game engine, so I have no idea if that can be easily changed.
spazomataz

Post by spazomataz »

Could we get an up to date svn version please? it's been a while and the fan patch for talkie monkey islands was included
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

New build here.. or well it is one week old.. but not too bad.

http://anotherguest.se/cvsbuilds/scummv ... v3_all.sis
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Todays update here

http://www.anotherguest.se/cvsbuilds/sc ... v3_all.sis

SCI, TSAGE etc updates.
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

thanks!
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

in case anyone's interested, i've been trying out the unofficial monkey island 1 "ultimate talkie edition" (rc4) with this new build - first i tried it with ogg speech & music, it kinda worked but crashed a lot, maybe decoding speech and music at the same time was too much. tried again with uncompressed speech (that version just uses synth music i think) and seems to be much more stable, no crashes as yet.

edit: uncompressed speech + ogg music seems stable, so far.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

1.4.1 is now up on the download page, but the download says sis file, it is actually a zip file containing two sis files, one full sis file and one with split engines.

Tested on N95 8Gb (full) and N73 (split)
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

brilliant, thanks :) - the mouse buttons mapped to the volume keys seem to be working fine, and will make playing a lot of games much easier.
the direct link on the download page doesn't work, like you say it's pointing to a sis file which doesn't exist, so you then have to go into the scummvm folder and find the zip file at the top
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Many thanks Anotherguest!
I can confirm it works on Symbian^3 Belle at least for LOOM EGA that I've tried. It worked on Symbian Anna too. My phone is a C6-01.

Only issue I had, was that after installing Belle (yesterday) and reinstalling the full sis, the screen orientation was detected wrong always (it was the opposite of the right thing for the screen orientation). But, this was fixed by uninstalling ScummVM and reinstalling it.

Also, the default settings for the audio, cause some sound crackling (?) when bass is played (a few seconds in the main theme at the LOOM EGA intro). I had to override them the default audio settings for the game. Setting Music Device to Adlib Emulator DosBox OPL emulator and output rate to 44 Khz seems to fix it.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Usually all Nokia devices has no problem with any of 8khz-44khz audio, but perhaps some of the newer dont like the lower sample rates. Nice to hear that it works.