Digital MIDI Replacement for Kyra I,II and Simon 2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

moturimi

Digital MIDI Replacement for Kyra I,II and Simon 2

Post by moturimi »

As it's only possible to play old games with adlib on the symbian phones it would be great to add a patch file so it's possible to ear digital music recorded from the sc55 on your mobile.
The patch file and the music can be found here:
http://pix.www.idnet.com/

Currently 4 games are supported:
- Kyrandia I
- Kyrandia II Hand of Fate
- Simon the Sorcerer 2
- I have no mouth and I must scream

Would be great to add the patch file in the next symbian version of ScummVM.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

Its nice to hear that you want to use it but I can safely say my patch isn't going to find its way into any official versions of scummvm including svn builds.

I assume there are instructions in the wiki on how to compile the symbian release - your best bet would be to give it a go for yourself.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Pix2 wrote:Its nice to hear that you want to use it but I can safely say my patch isn't going to find its way into any official versions of scummvm including svn builds.
More on this can be found in the patch tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418822

It's a legal problem, unfortunately :(
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Typical EA HIA issue. *sighs* It was EA's support attitudes towards certain Westwood titles that pretty much stopped me from buying anything from them, much to the chagrin of a friend who works on many of their console and mac titles.

It's ironic how much a simple thing like a box not specifying a game won't work on a K6-2 but will on the K6-3 will annoy someone, and yeah that's where it started from for me, further annoyance regarding the CD keys for the Sims just clinched the deal.

Oh I wouldn't hold your breath trying to get EA to rethink their stance, they're very much evil incarnate when it comes to fan support. :cry: