The Secret of Monkey Island - n82

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ebrithil

The Secret of Monkey Island - n82

Post by Ebrithil »

Hey guys,
Recently discovered scummvm etc, and just got it running on my new n82. It works beutifully and everything works sound / saving etc (I had a bit of trouble picking up the fish due to having to move the cursor fast but other than that fine)

The only 1 problem I have is that it automatically start on side view, meaning that when I move my phone onto its side the n82 automatically moves it over to be reversed, So that I have to hold it at a really awkward angle to be able to see the screen, if anyone knows how to turn this nokia feature off for this game I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well I do not have a N82, I guess it keeps flipping view modes when tilted, so ideally the SDL port should rotate with it, but again, I have nothing to test with.
orz

Post by orz »

The N82 has an accelerometer and automagically reorients the screen to match the orientation of the phone.

I'm not sure about what events are sent when this reorientation is done, but I reckon listening for resize events should be enough.

I haven't done any Symbian development, so I don't know what interfaces are usually used for this sort of business, but a quick search yielded the following:
http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/CDL ... a6c4c55c3a

Might be worth a try? Setting the orientation mode to EAppUiOrientationLandscape at startup should at least prevent the phone from trying to rotate it later.

Ebrithil: You can disable the auto-rotation feature globally under tools->settings->general->customize->display. Don't think there are any options for disabling it only for a single application though.

Cheers,
Terje
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

You might want to use the 0+2 keycombo within ScummVM to flip the screen by its own means and see where that gets you. Just in case.
orz

Post by orz »

Yeah, the 0+2 combo seems the logical step. However, when the phone decides to switch to landscape mode, scummvm doesn't realize it has a wider screen available, so it clips the display to the previous screen width (now the screen height). This is done regardless of the orientaion chosen with he 0+2 combo.
ketilwaa

Post by ketilwaa »

I have the same problem with n82:
It starts in landscape mode, and then when I flip it over to be able to read the screen, it flips over to be upside-down.
Not all apps rotate the screen, so this must be some preset problem with ScummVM? (Like, wrong values)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

best solution. TURN OFF AUTOFLIPPING... :-) Its just causing lots of problems and screen corruption!