n82 - monkey island original diskette, won't run?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

runarius

n82 - monkey island original diskette, won't run?

Post by runarius »

I'm having problems with monkey island. It just simply won't run at all. When I try to locate the game on my n82 from scummVM it says it cannot find any game in that directory. It runs fine on my computer.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Which Monkey Island game are you trying to run?
runarius

Post by runarius »

ega game
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Just checking - have you copied all the files of the game into the phone's memory? Are they all in an open area of the memory (some Nokia phones have weird directory access rights, blech)? Are they all in one folder that is not in the root or whatever the phone perceives as root of the memory card? I think I'm two steps away from developing a checklist for standard issues :)
runarius

Post by runarius »

placed them all on the memory card, the full path of the games directory would be e:\resource\apps\scummvm\
runarius

Post by runarius »

haha, guess that proves your point!

Thanks alot, feeling kinda stupid at the moment. And really happy. Placed the game sin a different directory and everything works great:D Thank you
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Don't put any game files in resource, thats a global resource readonly folder, I suggest you put them under \memorycard\scummvm\gamename for example.

Btw
Data files are supplied in the sis file for all games except sky (its a little bit large to be justified), but on S60v3 the datapath is wrong in settings so by repointing the extra path to c:\shared\scummvm lure etc should work
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Alright, so there IS a need for a checklist. Go me. Glad I could help.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I guess the checklist should be placed as a sticky, for people to read. Not sure though if it is Symbian specific all of the time, the docs are there (most of them) but people don't read them.