ScummVM on nokia n81

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fani

ScummVM on nokia n81

Post by fani »

Hello,

I am having trouble using scummvm on nokia n81. I installed the correct version (sybmian s60 v.3) and added two games ('Secret of Monkey Island' and 'Day of the Tentacle'), but when I press 'Start game' the application crushes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Details, details. Which exact version of ScummVM are you using? 0.10.0? 0.11.0SVN? If SVN, which build date?

How's the RAM of your phone feeling? Got enough free memory to run ScummVM in there? No applications running in the background?
fani

Post by fani »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I ´ve tried both version 0.10.0 as well as 0.11.0svn (built on 24/11/2007).

There are no other applications running in the background except the music player which cannot be shut down on this phone.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Also which version of the games you are trying!
Gamedata should always be copied fresh off origial CDs and floppies, other kind of illegal media is NOT supported.

Also try the freeware games, such as Queen and BASS to see if they work, can be downloaded from ScummVMs download page.
fani

Post by fani »

I copied the files from original CD-ROMS for both games.
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Alright, more details. How does the crash commence? Do you get thrown out into the game selection screen of ScummVM? Or does it crash to desktop? Does it show some kind of error message? Do these games work normally on your computer's version of ScummVM (I'd assume you run Windows and so would use the Win32 build, but sometimes my assumptions are wrong)? What does ScummVM's log (which is stored someplace wherever ScummVM got installed in your phone's memory, I keep getting confuzzled over where everything ends up on different versions of Symbian) say about this?
fani

Post by fani »

Once I click the 'Start Game' button the application crashes to desktop. No error message appears. The games work fine on my computer.

This is what is written in file 'scummvm.stdout.txt':
"Using configuration file: C:\Data\ScummVM\scummvm.ini
Using joystick: Joystick
Looking for monkey
Trying to start game 'The Secret of Monkey Island'"
fani

Post by fani »

Update: I installed an older version (0.9.1) which seems to work fine!