Scumm for motorola z8

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

HollowRipper

Scumm for motorola z8

Post by HollowRipper »

I've just purchased a motorola z8, and to my delight while searching the web i stumbled upon scumm for it.

The z8 runs uiq3 and symbian so i downloaded 0.10.0, it's installed fine but i can't seem to get the cursor to move, i can move the screen from landscape and back and make it smaller but nothing else.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to work it?

Thanks.

Edit: I just realised i put it in the wrong forum, sorry!
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

have you tried reading readme's and wiki pages? http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=58

those are generally good place's to start
larsan

Post by larsan »

You'll probably never get that to work, as the UIQ-version relies on touchscreen for most user input. Your Z8 is the only UIQ-device without that functionality.

Sadly.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Can't remember which version of SDL I used for the last version. Try 0+1, 0+2, 0+3 etc for different modes (0+1 for input). (And yes I have had a Z8 to play with, but the battery went flat, and I need to get it reflashed). More support is in the pipeline
HollowRipper

Post by HollowRipper »

Right i've had a play about a bit and i can get the cursor to move, pressing 0+1 a few times seems to get it active, so i can add games and they start. Now to perform an action, like walk, i have to press select, which brings up the pause menu, but then when i press cancel he moves.

I reckon if i can get the key mapping to work it'll work properly, but, when i press on the action i want to map then press a key it moves back to "up"

Any ideas on that? If you've not i'll wait till you've had chance to play about a bit more.

Thanks for the help.
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

The keymapper is somehow broken in the UIQ3 version, yeah, I even submitted a bug report about it (which for me is like a vegetarian suddenly asking for a triple burger in the nearest fast food place). I assume it's because of the touchscreen control support, but how and why is it impossible to use BOTH is beyond my weak knowledge of codage.
Let's trust AnotherGuest to know what he is doing, because I'm fairly certain he does.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Use left and right soft keys for actions, not the center confirm key (since that is the F5).

Good luck!
HollowRipper

Post by HollowRipper »

The soft keys seem to have no effect which is why i was using the centre button.

Has there been any more developments on this?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I just got my Z8 back from reflashing so now can I continue using it for testing.
obi-wahn

Post by obi-wahn »

I have also an Motorola Z8 and with 0.12.0 i can move to mouse with the normal move-buttons, but i can't press any other button (Left mouse button, .....) Is there any progress since the last post? Well, there is i can move the mouse. ;)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Enable 'J' mode and hopefully left and right softkeys should work. Have n't had a Z8 to test on for quite a while.
obi-wahn

Post by obi-wahn »

Thank you, it works with the Joystick-Mode, it was the green Button. I installed Beneath a Steal Sky and i runs. The only problem is, that every mouse click opens the option-menu of the game, ...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Middle key is not really mouseclick. .use left and right softkeys instead. Should work. Also check the keymappings they might work against you!
obi-wahn

Post by obi-wahn »

Hmm ok, sometimes the buttons work, sometimes not. Can i help with testng svn builds or so?