Resolution Problems

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

FxIII

Resolution Problems

Post by FxIII »

Hi All,
Currently is possible to get a 1:1 resolution ( with clipping if necessary) or a zoomed version (in or out dependig).
There isn't a way to set a correct aspect ration when both options fails (i.e. when the screen is to little i.i.e. on my 6630 :D).
Incorrect aspect ration may have negative influence on text readbility (is wrote right?) over all.
There is another possibility: to hack the game files in order to make the font nicer to read with some resolution.
Another way shoud be to change font rendering in scummvm interpreter in order bypass the game font in favor of a machine dependent font.

It is possible/feasible ?

Tnx (and sorry for bad english)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! Read the WIKI! 0+1, 0+2, 0+3, 0+4 will change the screen layout. 1-1 with scrolling is possible to be able to read the text properly. Setting the aspect is not possible. Changing the font is not really possible either. All scaling is done in SDL not by ScummVM.

Now back to my vacation!
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

How about the dismal problem of the SCUMM Menu (i.e. save/load, ingame options, etc.) having unreadable fonts when running 640x480 games on my SE W950's 320x240 screen?
Granted, Spy Fox: Dry Cereal is the only one I got running without hanging/stuttering/whatever else (minor graphical glitches, but they're minor), but still, I have to navigate the menu from memory, which ain't that reliable, y'know )
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. 640x480 games are currently only supported in half resolution not 1:1.. Can be fixed in later releases I guess. :-)