Nokia N95

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I would try the uncompressed version or OGG compressed version of FOTAQ. The "normal" version has its audio MP3 compressed, and it might make a difference.
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Thanks, using the uncompressed version did it. Takes an awful while to load on startup (agree with me, three minutes IS an awful while), but it's better than nothing.
Sordid

Post by Sordid »

Just tried Full Throttle (Vollgas) with newest firmware and it worked at full speed!!! Played only until meeting with Maurine...but no memory errors til this point...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Thats coooooll. :-)
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Really cool 8)

Does that mean that The Dig works perfectly too on a N95? Or maybe it already did before?

I wouldn't know, since the only symbian phone I have is the original NGAGE, but the rumored N82 looks mighty interesting for me, which seems to be a candybar N95. And I would love to be able to play The Dig.
Ikirus

What about other virtual memory?

Post by Ikirus »

Had anyone asked the question that virtual memory could be used? im sure the n95 has the ability?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well virtual memory is not available to Symbian devices. And swapping to slow flash memory? Running your games in syrap.. that would be nice (not)
Ikirus

Post by Ikirus »

Not if you use phone memory.. keep the games on flash and allocate enoth space for virtual memory on phone.

edit. maybe you could make a 3rd part software that emulates ram for scummvm and keeping it on phone memory?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well virtual memory in the phone would also be flash, so it would be very slow too, or even slower. I remember Windows CE devices swapping to flash, really only making the device slower and slower. Not very nice.
Sordid

Post by Sordid »

If anyone cares: No completed Full THrottle on N95...worked flawlessly
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Cool. :-) Great news :-) Always been worried about FT even though it is low res.
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

That's great news :)

Think you could fix the keymapper for the UIQ versions so we too could complete it? Controlling the fights via stylus is not entirely comfortable (can't move without swinging and changing weapons is a MAJOR PAIN), y'know :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm For UIQ you can always tap 0-9 in the virtual keyboard? But is that playable? Hmm don't now really. But well.. I guess some smartphones has some drawbacks when it comes to playing ScummVM games.-
stracenska

n95

Post by stracenska »

Is scummvm playable in landscape mode on the n95?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Try flipping it over and you see (i.e read the instructions :-) )