Error while starting games on Nokia 6600

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iedutu

Post by iedutu »

Works on my 6600 as well :)
Tested Monkey Island 1&2, Loom.

Thanks a lot!
Cristian.
Anchel

Post by Anchel »

Nice job. It works perfect on my Nokia 6670 (you might add that to the compatibility list in the WIKI). Monkey Island I & II and Sam & Max work perfectly on it with full sound.
However, there is one little bug that still needs to be fixed in Simon the Sorcerer II (Windows Talkie). It was reported before to malfunction on the S80, but I've tested it on the S60 as well and it seems to have the same problem (the things you can answer are unreadable because they just show garbage, no understandable letters, like ç&%$)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Please test Simon on your PC too. I think it might very well be a ScummVM bug and not related to the Symbian port as such. :-)
VooD

Post by VooD »

Anotherguest wrote:Good testing! :-) Well yes..OPL music is very CPU intensive indeed, so it runs much smoother on the newer phones.
I´m not sure if 6600´s midi is a real hardware synthetizer or a softsynth running on the main cpu, but, if it were a real synth, would it be possible to use it in scumm games supporting midi music?, also, in case is a soft synth, probably is also less intensive than fm synthesis, as is just rendering sound samples without almost no other advanced synthesis like filters, or so, just ADSR parameters.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well that is no go. The built in SOFT synth is only supporting MIDI files, and well for some games that might work but for most its a matter of direct OPL control, and emulation.
Anchel

Post by Anchel »

Anotherguest wrote:Please test Simon on your PC too. I think it might very well be a ScummVM bug and not related to the Symbian port as such. :-)
I've tried on my PC the same version that I have on my phone. The PC version of SCUMMVM makes it work perfectly without any flaw, so I can only guess it's a code problem in the Symbian version.
vq304

Post by vq304 »

Is anyone else getting "App closed main" when trying to run games?

The new version with sound worked for me for a few days, but now it gives that error every time I try to start a game. I've done everything I can think of - disable sound, reinstall, completely delete then install again, but nothing fixes it.

Installing the current stable build makes it work again, but obviously not with sound.
vq304

Post by vq304 »

vq304 wrote:Is anyone else getting "App closed main" when trying to run games?

The new version with sound worked for me for a few days, but now it gives that error every time I try to start a game. I've done everything I can think of - disable sound, reinstall, completely delete then install again, but nothing fixes it.

Installing the current stable build makes it work again, but obviously not with sound.
Well, if anyone else is wondering, I figured this out.

When you try to run Monkey Island 1 CD version, it makes ScummVM stop working. The only way to fix it is to delete ALL your game configs (not just MI1 CD - all of them), then create them again.