Broken Sword 2 on N73

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

M@J0

Broken Sword 2 on N73

Post by M@J0 »

Hi,

I have problem with run Broken Sword 2 on my Nokia N73...
When i select "choose", program say :"ScummVM could not find any game in the specifield directory!"

Broken Sword 2 compatibility:

No known issues, game is completable.
- PlayStation 1 version isn't supported.

please help! thanx ;)
Anzati

Post by Anzati »

The N73 (or any mobile phone that I know of) doesn't have a high enough screen resolution for playing the Broken Sword games, and thus it is not supported for the Symbian ScummVM.

Check here for a Symbian compatability chart:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS_S60

I was dissapointed too, as the only reason I bought my N73(my first Symbiam phone) was to play the BS games on it. That's what i get for not doing my research properly first.

Anyway there are so many other fantastic games that, I have not played for years, availble that it doesn't matter too much.

I just hope that the screen resolution on a mobile phone will soon be high enough that the BS games can be scaled to it.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Or that the performance is enough. I guess, in a scaled down version.. the screen of 800x352 on a E90 .. could be made running 640x480 quite nicely. :-) Just have to play around with the resolution..

So thats the phone to gear up to. It has the speed and resolution
Anzati

Post by Anzati »

Well I'll be upgrading my phone in November, any chance of having it up and running by then lol :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Its possible to build the game for Symbian, its just a matter of running it, I think another testbuild might be in order. :-)