2 Questions about uiq3 port

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pogo{

2 Questions about uiq3 port

Post by Pogo{ »

First of all, thanks for a great port!

I have 2 questions, the first being about the sound delay. All sounds are out of sync/delayed for at least 1 second, i was wondering if this is due to the phone not beeing fast enough or something else? Since other demanding apps like picodrive doesn't seem to have this delay, is this something that could be fixed? Secondly, any news on scaling? I recall reading something on this forum saying a full-screen mode was beeing worked on for scaling to 320*240, but the svn builds haven't been updated for quite some time now.

Keep up the great work, big thanks for making my p990 do something useful :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Can't compare this to picodrive, completly different app architecture. Also PICO is replaying/slowing down sound when speed is not enough, and in this case audiogeneration and emulation goes hand in hand. In Scummvm all the audio is generated by a separate thread, and is continously generated, and not that synched to the action in game.

As for speed, it is fast enough, but due to the nature of Symbian audiostreaming and size of the audiobuffer in that part, it is very hard to do correct audiosynching on Symbian when done in an app like ScummVM.

Right now SVN building will only work for UIQ3 and S60v3.. but it has been broken for all the other platforms, and I have to fix that. Otherwise Scaling has been done in the SDL portion, so next build will have upscale to 320x240 in 320x240 mode.
Pogo{

Post by Pogo{ »

Just thought i'd bump this since i noticed a new uiq3 build is out now. If scaling is included in this one, how to i activate it? The aspect ratio correction-checkbox is still greyed-out.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well can't figure out what key combination I used for that one. :-) Any suggestion for a good key combination?
Pogo{

Post by Pogo{ »

:D

I played around a bit and found it (shift-right/down arrow) and it looks AMAZING now! I can't get it back to normal again but that doesn't matter since i want it scaled anyway :) I actually don't think a key combo is needed, this isn't something you will change very often so my suggestion would be to just use the aspect ratio correction checkbox under graphic options. Anyway, big thanks for this, i can now enjoy all my games in glorious full-screen! (and it doesn't even look blurred like i expected, only a slight blur on the text is noticable)
BlackOrange

Post by BlackOrange »

Has anybody an idea how to scale the image on a Sony Ericsson w950.
Can't figure out how to do it, but would love to give it a try. :D
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Actually I dont think that keycombination is availble on the W950. I think I need to get a W950 to figure that out.
BlackOrange

Post by BlackOrange »

Hope you can figure it out. :D

And why is aspect ratio correction checkbox greyed-out? is that normal? would be easy to do it this way...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

In this way I'm getting 320x240 or well.. actually any kind of resolution I wish (320x232 in this case) without just supporting one application. So this upscale is done in SDL.

Aspectratio scaling is done in Scummvm. Also we had some problems compiling scalers in the older systems due to template problems, and we dont want to include any excess code, i.e 2xSai scaling which we don't need.
djungel-Jim

Post by djungel-Jim »

Anotherguest wrote:Actually I dont think that keycombination is availble on the W950. I think I need to get a W950 to figure that out.
Have you gotten yourself a W950 yet? :D I 'm very interested in getting the upscaling stuff to work on my w950 as well =)

I should take this oportunity to thank you for your great work! All games I've tried so far on my w950 seem to work splendid!