Crash of DOTT on S60v2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pierre

Crash of DOTT on S60v2

Post by pierre »

Hi,
I'm running the English text version of DOTT on my Nokia 6260 with scummvm-0.9.1-s60-v2.sis. It works fine, until the moment that Laverne has to walk to the judging area while the contestants are waiting. If I click on that area, she walks over and the programme crashes...
I have a savegame I could include...

regards,
Pierre
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Please post a bug/defect with the savegame attached and we can have a look at it. :-)
goetz

Post by goetz »

Hmm. My first guess is that this is the same bug as the one known as "vertical scroll bug" (Tracker ID 1513002).

I tried the DOTT scene in my scummvm-060917-SymbianS60v3_scumm.sis build, and whoops, the same effect as with vertical scrolling occurred here sideways: The scrolling to the right is done in the approximately 10 pixel columns at the right end of the screen only and afterwards, the whole screen is refreshed and the game continues as usual.

I did not try with the 9.1 build, but I guess it quits in this scene.

@pierre: Could you please check if the problem also occurs with the above mentioned SVN build (from http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds/).

If it works with this version, it is probably best, to attach your savegame for this scene to the above mentioned bug 1513002 in the sf.net bugtracker together with device and SW details.

This problem seems really hard to hunt down ... :(
- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Also I dont own all games to test, and there is a BIG difference between english and german versions. i.e me running german savegames on an english version is no good, and it crashes for other reasons than you mention.
Anzati

Post by Anzati »

I get this same problem on my Nokia N73 in:

3 places in DOTT (washing the cart, human show judges and at the end when Purple reveals his army)

1 place in SAMNMAX (when you first go upto the ball of twine)

so far 1 place in ATLANTIS (during the balloon ride when you reach the screen edge).

I think they are all the same problem, and I have gotten round them by copying the save game back to my PC, playing those sections on the PC and then copying the save back to my phone.

I do have a couple of other problems, but I think that may be me doing something wrong, I've just not figured out what yet:

In QUEEN (English/Talkie) the sound cuts out after the first few seconds of the into (just before that talking starts)

I can't figure out how to put the level codes into GOB1 (English\DOS\VGA) Have tried with 0+1 but the character selection makes no sense to me, I can't get it to enter the letters I want.

On the upside, SKY runs lovely :D ScummVM on my mobile is fantastic, I couldn't praise the work done to make this possible enough. Now all I need is for phones to reach a standard where SWORD1 and SWORD2 are playable :D Oh and I'd love to get Dreamweb running on my phone, but I doubt that will ever happen :lol:
scaramanga

Post by scaramanga »

Anzati wrote:I get this same problem on my Nokia N73 in:

3 places in DOTT (washing the cart, human show judges and at the end when Purple reveals his army)
Im getting this also in the same places (carriage washing!) in DOTT. Is there a remedy for this yet? Very annoying, grr! Totally amazing lil app though, when i first got my ngage i was praying for someone to make a symbian version, now i finally have monkey island on my N73 :)
Anzati

Post by Anzati »

scaramanga wrote:
Anzati wrote:I get this same problem on my Nokia N73 in:

Im getting this also in the same places (carriage washing!) in DOTT. Is there a remedy for this yet? Very annoying, grr! Totally amazing lil app though, when i first got my ngage i was praying for someone to make a symbian version, now i finally have monkey island on my N73 :)
I'm still waiting on my bug report, as mentioned above, this one seems a little hard to track down.

The only way round the problem I have found is to copy the save back to your PC, play that section on the PC, then copy the save back to the phone. I got to the point with Lev where I needed to visit the judges, and the point with Hog where I needed to wash the carriage (these were the only things I needed to do to progress) and then just played those sections on my PC. It only took a few mins.

The same thing works for SAM&MAX. However I read somewhere on here that there is a problem with file compression on ATLANTIS, so I haven't tried that yet.