Nokia 6600 with cvsbuilds!Help

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mitsalikis

Nokia 6600 with cvsbuilds!Help

Post by mitsalikis »

Due to low phone memory I try to use cvsbuilds!I have a Nokia 6600. I installed scummvm-060917-SymbianS60v2_sky.sis and now I have to install the game right?
I try to install sky.cpt but my phone doesn't recognize it. It's in my message inbox so I can't transfer this to my memory card. What can I do? Thanks
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Tip is to transfer the files to the memorycard for the 6600 and the select the files from there.

Otherwise you try to locate the bt file under c:\system\mail\... but that can be somewhat tedious using scumm. But you can try using fexplorer and then copy/move the files somewhere else.
mitsalikis

Post by mitsalikis »

I get Fexplorer and I moved sky.cpt into my memory card.But ScummVS doesn't recognize any games in directory E:
The file must be moved into a specific folder or not?
Thanks and sorry for my english! :D
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You must select the folder with the games in using your game selector, remember the folder.. so if its in e:\sky.. either enter the directory sky and select there or display the contents of e:\ and highlight the e:\ and accept there.

You will also need the additional files in the same folder, together with the cpt file, i.e sky.dsk, sky.dnr, sky.cpt (all which is in the floppy version of the game for example)
mitsalikis

Post by mitsalikis »

Thanks for your help but I still have a problem.My free phone memory is 5Mb and memory card has 21Mb free.I tried to transfer(with bluetooth) the file sky.dsk to my phone but there is not enought phone memory.Is it possible to transfer this file directly to memory card?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Buy a memorycard usb reader/writer and use that to copy the dsk file to the memorycard. Using bt etc. is usually very inefficient on those older phones since transfers are done directly to c:\ and not to the memorycard.