Agi supposed to work?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

torspo

Agi supposed to work?

Post by torspo »

I can't get any agi games to work on E70, not with the "all" -version and not with the test-agi -version (which recognizes the games but does not run them)

Since the "joystick" on s60's is worse for mouse cursor movement than c64's 8-way joystick was, but many of these new models have a decent qwerty keyboard, it would be great to have it working.
Sweeet

Post by Sweeet »

I tried the SVN-build scummvm-060917-SymbianS60v3_test_agi.sis on my E61 and it simply shuts down when I try to start Leisure Suit Larry or Space Quest 1.

Now I am completely aware of the early status of AGI support, I'm just curious. Since there is an AGI version for S60 3rd Edition out there, somebody may have already be able to actually run an AGI game. Anyone?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Just pay attention to that build date. September 2006. I.e. 5 months old. AGI changed a lot since that time, especially with detection. I think that in September we had no proper detection for AGI games at all. So only option which you have to run games with that build is to manually add them to your scummvm.ini.

Eugene
Sweeet

Post by Sweeet »

Thanks for the fast answer.

I am still puzzled. Are there any newer builds of ScummVM-AGI available? And would editing the scummvm.ini make the games run? They are detected as "AGI game". Are the correct game IDs needed to run them and if so where can I look them up?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well. I have been working on improving SDL to suite Scummvm and other games better. .And also.. building only currently works for Symbian 9 platforms, the rest is dead, and thats something I also been working on. The thing is.. one code line changed, can topple the whole scummvm build. In this case its the plug in system that has been updated.Not a lot, but enough to stop the GCC 2.95 builds from working.
Sweeet

Post by Sweeet »

My mobile (E61) runs under Symbian 9.1. I am going to experiment with the Win Version of ScummVM-AGI a bit but it would be really cool if I could run the old Sierra games on my mobile. For now I do not even know how to pull the scummvm.ini from my phone or the SIS package.
Sweeet

Post by Sweeet »

Any chance some kind soul could make a new unstable Subversion build for Symbian S60 3rd Edition with AGI support? I would love to give it a try.
Brian!

Post by Brian! »

Me too!! :o :D
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I will I will. :-)
Sweeet

Post by Sweeet »

That's great news.
I'm looking forward to it like a child before Christmas :P.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

New builds for UIQ3 and S60v3 are up, only AGI game I got running was Manhunter 2, the rest gives a cursor and a blackscreen. not sure why though. Have to investigate further. Also for UIQ3, I managed to loose the virtual keyboard somehow. So that has to be fixed also.

UPD.
Was problems with the AGI detecting engine, it checks for "logdir" and some other files only using the filename, which was n't really working. So AGI games, should work now.

Upd2. Now also updated with an UIQ2 build. I will do S60v2 v1 builds tomorrow I think.

Btw.. I tested ITE demo on my P990, started fine, Simon2 talkie and floppy.. worked fine. Loom.. Fine. Full Throttle quite ok..Dott Demo worked fine with OGG audio. Only thing not tested is OGG audio tracks, but I need to encode some OGG tracks first.
Sweeet

Post by Sweeet »

Wheeee! Thank you, Anotherguest!
Gonna give Laffer and Wilco a spin on my Nokia now.
larsan

Post by larsan »

The new version does not recognise old savegames.
Also, it does not load kyra.dat properly. Says it's corrupted.
I Installed the older svn build, and Kyra works again.
Last edited by larsan on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Post by clem »

larsan wrote:The new version does not recognise old savegames.
Also, it does not load kyra.dat properly. Says it's corrupted.
I Installed the older version, and Kyra works again.
see http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=3524

appparently decompressed savegames from the PC version will still work, I guess it should be possible to get the now uncompatible ones running by manually removing the header and decompressing them?
larsan

Post by larsan »

Ok, thanks.

Also, I'd like to add that I got Kyra working by downloading a new Kyra.dat (the old file was 60k, and the site says 60k) but the new file is 161k

Strange