ScummVm on P990 (UIQ 3)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ares

ScummVm on P990 (UIQ 3)

Post by ares »

Hi!

I have a P990i, with updated firmware (ph:R5A006, org:R3A04, bt:R4F01), and i verified ScummVm can´t run at all!
ares

Post by ares »

Edit: i solved the problem by searching at the M600´s thread...this version works

http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds/scu ... 3_test.sis

the one that´s available at my-symbian, that i guess is the same that is here in the downloads section, doesn´t work
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The one available in the DL section is an even older version, and the version here is a different version.
selliott

Games are running fine, though the sound is distorted

Post by selliott »

I've tried running any of the stable/subversion builds to date on my UIQ3-based P990i (Organizer firmware version R2A04) and while they run quite well, the sound (both speech and MIDI) are distorted on any DOS-based SCUMM games I play. I've worked with MP3 and 'stock' audio and both exhibit the same behavior. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a workaround?

If you need any more info from me, I'll be happy to provide it - just let me know.

Best, Steve Elliott
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Latest firmwares for M600 and P990 has distored sound due to a bad fix in the audio integration. Will be fixed in a new upgrade. (Fix is already implemented, but has to go out to the upgrade site).
Horn

Post by Horn »

Is the latest firmware version for P990i R5A006? Is the distortion that is to be fixed comparable to vinyl static? Or is this a problem with my handset? My problem is that whenever I start playing a game or an mp3 or radio or whatever, there is noise in the background... and being such an audiophile, I am stressed out when the music is less than optimal. :D
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yes it compatible to vinyl static, very many breakups in the audio playback. Not sure in which version it has been fixed, but at least it WILL be fixed. :-)
selliott

Aha, organizer firmware R3A04 fixed it all up.

Post by selliott »

Anotherguest, Thanks for your reply. Indeed, once I updated to the firmware with Organizer version R3A04 the audio and MIDI worked again. Thanks very much for your time!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

yeahh.. It works again. It might take SE sometime. But they fix some of the screwups they make at least. :-)