Version 0.9.0 bug

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Evaji0

Version 0.9.0 bug

Post by Evaji0 »

I have installed the 0.9.0 binarie recently in my mobile witch is a nokia 6600 (s60) and when i was playing Monkey island 2, i was onn Booty Island and i have just reached the part were u needed to use the fishing pole to catch a piece of map on the cliffs and wen i walked to the cliffs or tryed to use the fishing pole the scumm sudently shut down by itself :( . I have tried with the tow versions of 0.9.0 and it didnt work but i instaled the 0.8.0 version and i had no problems there . Thanks for all the assisntace u can give guys and i really love your work with this emulator :D .
goetz

Re: Version 0.9.0 bug

Post by goetz »

Sounds like the vertical scroll bug, which has already been reported
some time ago.

Hopefully there will be a new version or at least a SVN build with
vertical scroll support soon - maybe after holiday season, perhaps? :D

Meanwhile you should perhaps use the latest SVN build for games
with vertical scrolling, which is older than 0.9.0, but much newer
than 0.8.0.

- Goetz
Evaji0

Post by Evaji0 »

Well thanks a lot goetz for the info :D and im really looking fowrd for this ''bug'' to be solved and wait for new versions of scumm. :D :!:
goetz

Vertical scroll bug (ScummVM 0.9.0, 0.9.1)

Post by goetz »

Hi Anotherguest,

unfortunately, after being kind of fixed in the 17-09-2006 build, the vertical scroll bug reappeared in the 0.9.1 release, 3rd edition on Nokia E60. Maybe it is a memory problem, and maybe a smaller scumm only build could solve the problem -- don't know.

I reopened the corresponding bug in the tracker (#1513002: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418820)

I hope that we will eventually be able to fix this bug in a release build, not only SVN builds. :-)

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well I used the same compiler flag etc in the 0.9.1 version as in the SVN version so not sure what is going wrong. Memory is handled by the SDL port, and seems to be pretty ok. Perhaps I can try a save game from the latest 0.9.1 version just before it crashes and take it from there?
goetz

Post by goetz »

Hmmm. At the moment I am not sure that it could be a memory problem. I tried the big scummvm-060917-SymbianS60v3_all.sis version and there the scrolling takes place in the lowes 5 (or so) pixel rows, but it does not crash.

To reproduce the crash on 0.9.1 you could use the savegame for Indy4 (DOS, German) I submitted to the bugtracker entry mentioned above.

There must be some change between these two versions leading to the crash somewhere ... :-(

Regards,
- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well only the scumm code and the compilation flag as far as I know. Hopefully the savegame works on my english fate4 somehow.