SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Sounds like its a defect about the zonekey. So should report a bug for it.

And I thought about updating the cert, as I suspected it was becoming out of date now. So have to generate a new one for the release.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Another certificate created, good for another year I hope. I wont put up a new SIS for that right now, since the 0.10.0 is only some days away. Good too have some testing results. Any known crashes that is back Goetz?

I also compile SDL for ARM mode, so it should generate some faster code I hope.
goetz

Post by goetz »

Anotherguest wrote:So should report a bug for it.
Ok, it's bug #1734659. Maybe you could change the priority to something like 3, since it does not make any game unplayable. I will not change the priority setting myself. :D
Anotherguest wrote:Any known crashes that is back Goetz?

Well, not really. It's pretty much running nicely as the previous build, and as I wrote in the bugtracker I am confident, that the infamous vscroll bug will not reappear.

The "Vertical scroll bug" has not entirely vanished, as I noticed during testing. I am more than ever convinced that it is just a low memory issue. I checked it (as usual when a new version come out :D) with these situations: Atlantis: submarine; MI2: cliffs, Mad Monkey; Sam&Max: Twine; Dott: Carwash, human contest judges.

All went fine, but in the last situation (Dott contest) ScummVM crashed, which is in fact a horizontal scrolling (tested twice). Then I noticed, that from the installation of the new version I still had Y-Browser running. After closing it, also this scene went fine.

It seems to be a low memory issue and we should warn all users to free as much memory as possible, and then the bug won't occur (I hope). I guess nothing we can do about.

After this post is long anyway, a note how I found the zone key bug: After some time I was playing one of my favourites, MI2, again but first time in light mode (far tooo easy!!) and was enjoying it a lot. I finished it without zone key. :D

Anotherguest, again thanks a lot for porting ScummVM to S60 3rd ed!! :D

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Also what I thought about. In joystick mode, right softkey will always be right click, left softkey will be left click, and this might be contradictive with keymappings you make. But in cursor mode it should be ok, since you would be remapping enter and space then. I will check the bug.

Thanks for the testing. :-)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! I have uploaded a new pre-0.10.0 version for UIQ3. This version contains the latest predictive dictionary to be used for AGI games, and I would appriciate any help to test this (click on the input line in AGI game to activate), to see if it performs as expected.
larsan

Post by larsan »

Yo.

Tried the predictive dictionary in KQ1.
ScummVM hangs with KERN-EXEC, 3

Btw Gobliiins, Gobliins 2 & Goblins Quest 3 starts nicely, although I don't know how to end Gobliins 2 and I don't have the color chart for Goblins Quest... =(
larsan

Post by larsan »

SpaceQuest 1 exhibits the same crash as KingsQuest 1.

Both tested on a SE P990i with latest firmware.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

For Gob2, pres down pen and move it to the top of the gaming area and a drop down menu should be presented with different options, including save,load and quit.

Hopefully the predictive dictionary loading will be improved tonight, so any crashes can be avoided and loading times will be reduced.
larsan

Post by larsan »

Predictive dictionary now loads. :D
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Cool. :-) Not much use on an UIQ3 phone (except for the W950 I think).. And ohh I want a W960. :-) and a P1i. And a new battery for my borrowed Z8. .And an E90. Hmm I can just imagine COMI on the E90. 330 Mhz. 800x352 screen.. (comi at 640x352 would be great on that one. :-) ) But that require some SDL work..

BTW Larsan, do you think/feel that the latest versions of Scummvm for UIQ3 is a tad faster than the old versioner? I think so, at least on the M600 I have been testing on.
larsan

Post by larsan »

Yup, it loads faster and the games also loads faster. :D

Hey, thanks for the great work you put into this man.
Love it. 8)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

next step for UIQ3 and S60v3 is to try to use the antitear video apis if possible :-) But S60v2 needs some work also. :-)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

New SVN version is now available for S60v3 and UIQ3.
Fixed '*' problem with S60v3 and more engine support.
goetz

Post by goetz »

Anotherguest, what did you change for the 2007-11-24 release?

Bug reports on scummvm-071124-SymbianS60v3_all.sis on my Nokia E60:

- Scroll bug: Scrolling seems to work nicely using the whole screen, not a small strip. Testing some known vertical scrolling and the DOTT horizontal scrolling situations, I conclude: The scroll bug seems gone completely. :)

- Zone key (bug mentioned a few posts above): Seems to work fine again without extra clicks. :)

Very nice build, thank you. :D

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Changes for 241107 SVN build:
- ScummVM source from 24-11-2007
- S60v3 changed SDK from S60v3FP1 to S60V3MR
- Updated shortcut key handling (this was broken since I was using the wrong keycode at the wrong place)
- Build includes support for IGOR (even not reported in about)
- Upgraded SDL from 1.2.11 to 1.2.12
- More improvements in SDL area, mostly for UIQ3

Thanks for the input, seems like this is a good one. :-)