SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

shole

Post by shole »

i believe this was what was referred to
http://www.chiralion.com/

here's the log
http://www.persiist.com/present/temp/te ... xEvent.txt
and a report from it
http://www.persiist.com/present/temp/te ... _2006.html
the documentation is a mess so couldn't make heads or tails of the .map thing
sorry
edit: here's the culpit dll in any case, if it's useful
http://www.persiist.com/present/temp/testing/Estlib.zip

i could play indy4 on 6600 fine earlier with the official build
with music and sound aswell with no lag or anything
if i had some unrelated background processes, the sound process might crash, but the main process would remain
with the new build it crashes instantly when i click start on indy4 before even showing the intro

i tried disabling the music on the uiq, and that seemed to fix the gameplay lockup at that spot

also something i forgot to mention earlier.. in the uiq build the bottom row with the letters has turned into a repeating blue gradient
it's not necessary to play, so i first thought it was some new feature, but then realised that the right/left button switch is under there aswell

if there's anything you need me to do or test, i'm here
sorry for the delayed response
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! Its probably a out of memory situation where a pointer becomes zero. Try the scumm only build to see if that could help.

As for the SDL issues I am working on them. I have fixed the key mappings on the Motophones, and I will fixed the blue stripes, just a matter of clearing the background without repainting the mini keyboard. And yes.. I am adding a delete button on the minikeyboard too.
shole

Post by shole »

confirmed, s60 scumm-only version works fine.
also tested the savegame.. passed the sub scene fine, with music enabled and audible
same unmodified save file as the one on uiq, where no sound or music was ever heard
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The thing is, since ScummVM has been growing, both in number in engines, and some parts in complexity in the UI code, the requirements for memory has also grown. So in the next releases I have to split the release into at least two parts, like one for scumm and one for the rest of the engines.

This is not as big problem for a newer phone than the 6600, but might still have issues on the newer S60V3 and UIQ3 phones.

I been trying FT on my P910 and I think its just trying to allocate and then allocate some more. Not a good sign.
shole

Post by shole »

wouldn't expect FT to run anyway
brilliant work so far in any case
more than sufficient to play as is
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

New SVN build with source of 20060610

Post by Anotherguest »

SVN Build with source from 20060610 which now has been built
for 100 variants with 96 successful with the all first builds for S60V3 and UIQ3. (No all_tremor builds for UIQ3 and S60V3 as there are limits for the compiler used.) (Total compiletime for this baby on my XP2500+ is around 5-6 hours)

Whats new:
- Scaling for S60v3 (use 0+4 to enable
- delete button in sdl for UIQ devices (backspace that is)
- Enabled medium fm quality for S60v3 devices
- Fixed redraw problem for UIQ devices (keyboard visible again)
- Added mapping for A92x and A1000 A/B buttons to F3-F6
- Lots of other small fixes

Updates can be found at
http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds
goetz

Post by goetz »

Hi Anotherguest,

nice job! I like the new scale mode. :D However, I had to use some workarounds to use it in landscape mode:

First, switch the phone's display to landscape with the builtin function. Then in ScummVM switch to "portrait mode" (twice 0+2), then scale it to fit the whole screen using 0+4.

This mode looks nice and is scaled up to the whole screen (the blue-striped background is only visible as a one-pixel row at the bottom).
As expected, this mode is a bit slower in some games, but still OK for playing.

Now why did I not use the builtin landscape scale-mode? The difference between the coordinate system of the first paint of a sceen and consecutive updates (which occurs in landscape (0+2,0+2) together with swap (0+3)), also occurs here. It seems that updates are streched to the bottom of the screen. I have attached a screenshot, where the cursor has moved from the top of the menu to the bottom. Note also the repositioned buttons "Add game" and "Quit".

Maybe it's a simple bug. If not, there is some way to play the games full screen as I described above. Althogh the aspect ratio is different than original (approx 416x352), it looks better than just scaling and having the blue-striped bar at the bottom. :D

Sorry for the lengthy text, but I hope it will help you to develop this nice program. :D

Regards,
- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I just say.. press '0'+'2' again. You are running in a landscape downscaled and upstretched mode, and that should n't really be there as only one scaling is needed.

As for not supporting the built in landscape. Well.. I still need to upscale things. so moving around in memory is not what takes time, its to calculate when/where to stretch and do the interpolating between pixels. Using the landscape mode, would make me use a different views with in S60 and I am not using, since it would require more application resources to be defined. I like to keep it Simple and stupid. Well. not too stupid.. but working..

So I guess next thing is to remove that squashed/stretched screen mode. :-)

Screenmodes are
landscape compressed
landscape non compressed
portrait non compressed (or well.. compressed for resolutions <320x200)
'0'+'4' will stretch all modes.. but the first one will be totally wrong in updates..
landscape non compressed but stretched will look fine and in full screen..
goetz

Post by goetz »

Anotherguest wrote:I just say.. press '0'+'2' again. You are running in a landscape downscaled and upstretched mode, and that should n't really be there as only one scaling is needed.
Yes, good point. I should have tried this before -- stupid me! "Downscaled and then upscaled" does not sound good! :) The "landscape non-compressed upscaled" looks fine and does not seem to have any offset bugs. Again, great job! :D

When I turn this mode into a right-handed mode with '0'+'3'. there is a vertical offset of 1 pixel around the cursor. Usually you do not see it in game play, only when a menu box is open and the cursor runs over some button having a straight border before and not so straight afterwards.
Anotherguest wrote: So I guess next thing is to remove that squashed/stretched screen mode. :-)
Yes, I agree. This mode does not make any sense to me. :-)

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Just made two versions of full builds with the latest SVN code.

One for S60v3 and one for UIQ3. Nothing new execept that is changed in the modules. Should have full engine support. Lets see if they start first. :-)

Can be found here:
http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds/
under
scummvm-060916-SymbianS60v3_test.sis
for S60v3 and
scummvm-060916-SymbianUIQ3_test.sis
for UIQ3
goetz

Post by goetz »

Hi Anotherguest,

at a first glance the S60v3 build seems to run fine on my Nokia E60. :D

One major drawback: As someone already posted, the savegame format seems to be incompatible to 0.9.0 (release) and previous versions. Since all my savegames of currently running games are in the old format, I can't do more extensive testing with the new version at the moment, sorry.

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm I have enabled an opt flag which makes it possible for me to build a single target. But not sure what can cause the savegame problem. Can you please test with a svn build of the Windows version to see if the save games works on that one?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds/
has not been updated with todays build for
S60V1, S60v2, S80, S90 and UIQ2 for in total 65 different variants.
(That is around 5 hours compile time)
goetz

Post by goetz »

Anotherguest wrote:Can you please test with a svn build of the Windows version to see if the save games works on that one?
Sorry, don't have a compiler for Windows installed. I could try the linux binary compiled from the latest snapshot tomorrow instead.

One observation that may help you to narrow down the problem: I was able to load the savegames created with the 06-09-16-S60v3 version using:

0.9.0 linux
06-06-11-s60v3 (which is still my favorite) :D
06-06-16-s60v3 itself

So at least the creation of new savegames seems to work. Strange :/

If you want to try yourself, one of the savegames marked "invalid" is the one I have submitted to the bugtracker some time ago as item 1513002.

- Goetz
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I can test them with my emulator environment. The compiler might be allocate different amounts of data in a struct, and thus making the save files incompatibale.

And now all the UIQ3 and S60v3 variants is also updated.

So if you are low on memory you can try one of the specific engine builds, and test support for LURE, AGI and CINE, without loading an 2mb exe.