Indiana Jones - Atlantis speech problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Maveric

Indiana Jones - Atlantis speech problem

Post by Maveric »

Hi!

I don't get any speech when running Indy, why? :(
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

You'll have to supply more info than that ... no-one can mind read to tell which device you're using, which Indy game, which version of ScummVM you're using etc.
Maveric

Post by Maveric »

Yes, but I didn't know what you needed to know.

I'm using an SX1, the latest build of ScummVM, CD-version of Indy 4 (Atlantis). There are both monster.so3 and monster.sog in the folder "Audio". I removed monster.sog when things didn't work, but it didn't make any difference.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ahh this smells like warez from a long distance... The original has a monster.sou and firstly you should try an original with monster.sou. So go shopping. ;-)
Maveric

Post by Maveric »

I have the original, but I wanted to reduce the size so there would be more free space on my MMC. I'm now using monster.sou and that works.

One thing that dosn't work though is Full Throttle :-/ After (or perhaps somewhere in?) the intro my phone restarts :-/
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

There was a problem in the movies handling for FT and The Dig and I think I have solved it now. but I dont have a large enough memorycard to be able to test ft. But I think it will work know. I think you can test one version at anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds to see if it works. I will make a new cvs build shortly.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And the mp3 version of monster.sou should work btw, at least it does so on my n-gage. Which version are you testing?
Maveric

Post by Maveric »

I tried the version you have on your site, but the problem in FT remains.

My Indy-version is english DOS.

But I guess I can handle the 150mb .sou.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ahh I really need that 1gb memorystick to test FT with my P910. The n-gage I have can only handle sizes of the mmc up to 128 mb anyway. Not any way even near the size , even for the FT demo. :-)
Maveric

Post by Maveric »

I did a quick search on Google and I found sites and people saying that the N-Gage can handle bigger cards than 128mb. I also saw that there were compatible 1GB cards. So I guess it's just about finding those that are compatible with N-Gage.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ahh.. That would be nice. Thought it was a limitation of the N-Gage and filesystem/drivers. but never hurts to try. Or if anyone knows. 1gb memorystick would be fine for the P910 though.
TheBIG

Post by TheBIG »

On the subject, I'm experiencing the same problem with Indy, also on a 6600 and the latest CVS. Used some bitrate parameters to reduce even more the size of the .so3 file but I don't think it could be it, since I used similar parameters on Sam&Max and it works fine. As soon as I get my N-gage back from my fiance, I'll do some more tests with the same file.

One other thing, the game exits with an "SDL_b Error" when I quit, and it's the only game that crashes on exit.

I also have a N-gage with 1 GB Kingmax, no problems so far :wink: .