Picodrive.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jagirulo

Picodrive.

Post by Jagirulo »

Hi.
I have proven ALL the versions (0.50 included) of these emulators (SMSPlus too), but no works in the japanese 6630 (702NK). When I open to the emulators the screen becomes white, it is only the option "Close".
Somebody knows some solution? In Japan nobody can enjoy these emulators...
But the other emulators (Vampent, fMSX, etc...) work perfectly.
Sorry for my english.

Image Image

PS: Sorry Anotherguest, but i cant enter to my-symbian from Japan...
The problem of Picodrive, maybe is the menu. Can you fix this for users of Japan?
Salu2.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! This is not the Picodrive forum, but a scummvm forum. Please visit www.my-symbian.com for that kind of questions. And actually I tested version 0.50 on a chinese variant, and that worked. You can try to use fexplorer and navigate to the apps\picodrives60 directory and try to open the picodrive.exe and see what happens.
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

I know it, but I cannot enter in www.my-symbian.com from Japan, I dont know why.

I have tried to open the emulator with FExplorer, but it is not opened, does not pass anything (several versions of FExplorer).

The Chinese do not have problem with Picodrive, only japanese 6630.
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

Hello again.
Look, seems that nobody in Japan can't accede to my-symbian.com. I don't know if you have some solution to speak of Picodrive problem.
If you do not have interest in fix this for japanese users, everything is well. I will not bother more to you.

PS: The language of phone is not the problem, i can change the language to english.

ByezZz.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

I think we will need more help from you. The problem is not that we don't want to help, but that it is more difficult to fix that bug without access to the device.

To proceed and speed this up I strongly recommend you to submit a bugreport on our Bug tracker. There we can keep contact with you, request more information and that's the way we do things.

Eugene
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

Thanks for the information.
My request already is in the list.
Salu2.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And also.. how well is Scummvm working on those japanese 6630 devices?
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

Scummvm work fine, thank you. ;)
Sev has responded my request, is not valid. I understand it, is a scummvm forum...
I do not want to be annoying, but we can speak here or via e-mail?
Salu2.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ahh yes true. I need to figure out a different way to launch the application. But actually scummvm and pico is launched in the exactly sameway, so strange that scummvm is working and not pico. Will compare the two
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

Yes, Picodrive and SMSPlus have the same problem. I think that to solve it, the design is not important, that it only works. An example, the design of Sonicboy is ugly and the emulator is bad, but it starts (only has text in symbian style menu).
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

I'm waiting for news... :?
Salu2.
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

It forgets, I am already tired to hope and to ask. I already have been almost two years doing it.
Thank you for all.
Bye.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. I dont know what to do about it. Perhaps some kind of limitation in the japanese device setup or so. And have n't gotten any suggestion from anyone either..
Jagirulo

Post by Jagirulo »

Anotherguest wrote:Well.. I dont know what to do about it. Perhaps some kind of limitation in the japanese device setup or so.
It's true but only with Picodrive and SMSPlus...
Anotherguest wrote:And have n't gotten any suggestion from anyone either..
That is because they do not know to whom to go, but could say you a list of forums, in Japanese...

In these pages also they speak of this:
http://kowloon.lolipop.jp/news/archives ... index.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/nezumiwotoko/ar ... 37475.html
http://tkhs.blog2.fc2.com/blog-entry-6.html
http://series60.sakura.ne.jp/6630/pukiw ... 1%BC%A5%BF

Byez.