When 1.3.1 for symbian s60?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

whyshchuck

When 1.3.1 for symbian s60?

Post by whyshchuck »

Hello,

Impatience forced me to register. How long should we wait to play Lands of Lore on our Nokias?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: When 1.3.1 for symbian s60?

Post by LordHoto »

whyshchuck wrote:Hello,

Impatience forced me to register. How long should we wait to play Lands of Lore on our Nokias?
Lands of Lore is not supported in 1.3.1 anyway. You will probably need to wait for the next big ScummVM release, i.e. 1.4.0, for that.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

LoL should be playable on a trunk version or? I just need to enable it? :-)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Anotherguest wrote:LoL should be playable on a trunk version or? I just need to enable it? :-)
Yes.
holderase

Post by holderase »

And now, what you've all been waiting for: if you want to build ScummVM for SymbianOS yourself now you can! Check here for more information: http://anotherguest.se/. Please check the README included in the source package for the information you need to get started on this perilous endeavor!
Can someone provide me with brief instruction on how to build ScummVM for Symbian? :)
Cause original text seems to be unavailable..
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

well I can make a latest version with LOL supported for you. Should not be a biggie. I will make a FULL version , i.e it will probably not load on 64 mb devices, due to the size of the gameengines only. :)
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

any news on 1.3.1? :)

i just recently got a symbian phone, so while i'm here, just want to say thanks for the port!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I think that we are planning a 1.4.0 release, and I will be building a version of that.

I just got a Nokia E6, so I can do more and better testing on newer symbian versions.
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

great, thanks for the update!
LM_

Post by LM_ »

Anotherguest wrote:I think that we are planning a 1.4.0 release, and I will be building a version of that.

I just got a Nokia E6, so I can do more and better testing on newer symbian versions.
I'm going to wait for the new version, hopefully, new games can be played lol and also new virtual keyboard for touch screen user.

I'm using scummvm on my Nokia 5800. There are still firmware updates for this phone and some people still customize it - so hopefully it can catch up with the new version :] Thank you!
daaceking

Post by daaceking »

i just want curse music and vol fixed. any update for 1.4.0?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well I have been to lazy to built it. But I will include volume control and mouse buttons on vol keys.
daaceking

Post by daaceking »

Could you also fix the background music of curse? I'm still using 1.2.1 I think. So I don't know if you fixed it in 1.3. I couldn't find a Symbian fix in the release notes so I assumed it wasn't.
lil_stenly

Post by lil_stenly »

Hi there guys, @daaceking not sure there was new version after that one you have, except the svn builds there.

[begging=Anotherguest]And @Anotherguest please, waste some of your time and make us happy with a stable 1.4.0 version that will work on already discontinued symbian os s60v3 hah.[/begging]

I registered here just to say that. :)
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

Anotherguest wrote:Well I have been to lazy to built it. But I will include volume control and mouse buttons on vol keys.
sounds great, any news? :) thanks