ScummVM 1.3.0 bad colors on N73 & unable to move cursor

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

b00t

ScummVM 1.3.0 bad colors on N73 & unable to move cursor

Post by b00t »

First of all, greetings, ScummVM forums!

I've been having some major trouble with the Symbian port of ScummVM on my Nokia N73 Music Edition. While I agree that my device is not amongst the best on the market anymore, I still think that it should be able to at least run the emulator properly.

Anyway, here is the problem - ScummVM (latest Symbian version 1.3.0; I've tried older versions and other builds from AnotherGuest's website) runs with wrong colors. I believe a similiar question to mine was asked here a long time ago:http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5619, but no definite solution was given. I have only a few custom applications (I recently updated my phone's firmware), but I don't think they're causing the problem. And if I press and hold the App key for a few seconds, the colors go back to normal, but after another few seconds they screw up again.

Now the other, less important matter. I couldn't figure out how to move the cursor after launching ScummVM. I thought I pressed the appropriate keys to get it started, but nothing happened and I still couldn't move it. I wonder if this is related to my other problem? :?

PLEASE HELP.

Regards,
b00t

edit: This also happens with a game called Crash Bandicoot Kart 3D and from what I've read on the internet, it's mostly a N73 exclusive issue. Is it a memory problem?

edit2: OK, I managed to get the cursor to move (Answer key, 9, Answer key) and the games will probably run as well, but what about the colors?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I now have a normal N73 at home, so can try it on that one. I know it work one some and not one some other models.
b00t

Post by b00t »

Thanks so much! I added this problem to the bug tracker, as well.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yes I got the email about the bug. :-)
b00t

Post by b00t »

Color bug still present in 1.4.1. :(